Well, I'm happy to report that we came home yesterday and the fluid seems to have done the trick. We haven't had any more vomiting and the boys are eating tons. They are still having diarrhea which we now know we can thank rotovirus for that, but things are definitely looking up. Aaron started getting sick Thursday night and must have the flu or something because he feels like he's dying or he got what the boys had, but I'm really hoping that he will get better soon and life can go back to normal! Thanks again to everyone for everything you have done for us!
Saturday, April 26, 2008
We're home!
Posted by
Heidi
on
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Ew I know how awful rotavirus is- Daxton had it once and it wasn't fun. Right when I had Ali they came out with an oral vaccine for rotavirus that they give 2 and 4 month olds so she should never get it! Too bad they can't give it to older babies!
Wow. It sounds like we have missed out on an exciting week. You had better get a good Mother's Day present! It seems like you have earned it.
Anyway, we're back in town, so I finally got your message. Call me when you have a minute.
Yeah I know about the vaccine, the idiot pediatrician we had before Dr. Clawson didn't immunize them against it and by the time I switched to her they were to old. Grrrr
I am so glad they are feeling better.
I am glad your boys are doing better. They look really happy even though they weren't feeling good. It looks like you guys have a fun handfull.
I'm glad to see things are much better. Looks like you've had your hands full.
Idiot doctor. I'm glad they are over it!!! Have fun in California by the way!!
Hooray!!! Glad to hear they are feeling better. I hate it when my kids are sick. I can only imagine how awful it would be for them to be in the hospital.
About the painting...I do work from commissions but it's pretty expensive because of the time involved. My last piece took 6 months and cost her $1500. That sounds like a ton but I spent over 180 hours on it so that comes out to roughly $8 an hour. That's a pretty smokin' deal to tell you the truth. My mentor was pretty disappointed I let that piece go for less than 2 so...ah well.
If you wanted something more affordable there are a lot of artist bids online that work through big framing companies. You never know what level talent you're going to end up with but at least it is in the couple hundred range (which fits into a lot more budgets). Just google portrait art and you should have some pretty reasonable choices. A lot of those artists are still in school.
I hate internet because things don't always sound the same as in person. I am so flattered that you would even want me to do a piece. I just know I couldn't afford it and I assume most people wouldn't be able to either. I wish I were faster because I would have loved to do a portrait of your nephew for Michelle. Someday...
I am taking over your post but thanks for saying Dr. Clawson is a good Doctor. We are taking Sarah to her for 4 month shots while we are home next month.
You two are wonder parents...When Brock was 1 1/2 he got really sick and spent 4 weeks in the hospital at PCH, and it's true it felt like NICU days again... What would we do without wonderful people to help take care of our children when they are really sick and mom and dad don't know what to do...That rotavirus suck big time Zack had that and it's soooo not fun...
yay!!! lets cross all fingers and toes that it's here to stay and you can enjoy your summer!
so... couple of things... Dr. Clawson totally rocks. I wish they had a rateyourdoctor.com website that new moms could go to... then we wouldn't end up with retarded pediatricians at the beginning (especially with preemies... grrrr...). Anyway, love. her.
secondly, manda and i chatted about your comment on her blog this morning on our run. you're so cute. you are more than welcome to implant into our group anytime. we'd love for you to come running with us. where are you guys living? it is even feasible? we're totally open to having more workout friends!
Woohoo, I'm glad things are getting better. There's no place like home. The boys were adorable in their hospital gowns!
Hey Heidi it is good to hear from you. I didn't even know you had twins. I am sorry that they've been sick. How old are they? I am so sorry for your family and for Michelle. He is a beautiful little boy. Your boys are so cute! How is your life as a mom of twins so far? I am thinking (half jokingly) about writing a book about how crazy being a mom of twins can be--directed to future twin moms! Anyway, it is great to hear from ya, keep in touch.
So I forgot to answer your question. My twins are 8 months on Saturday.
Post a Comment