Saturday, June 21, 2008

18 Months

I can't believe my sweet babies are 18 months old now. The time has gone by way to fast!! We are loving the stage they are at right now. They are doing so many fun things and their personalities are really starting to come out now. Some of their accomplishments:

  • they just got to move in to forward facing car seats on Memorial Day weekend
  • Zack has 12 teeth and is getting 4 more
  • Austin has 12 teeth and is getting 4 more
  • they love brushing their teeth
  • they both love to pick up the phone and they hold it to their ear and say hi
  • they love to use combs or brushes to do their hair
  • about a month ago they decided we weren't allowed to feed them anymore so meal time is always fun now!
  • they love to play hide n seek with each other and chase each around, giggling the whole time
  • they are totally caught up in every area except gross motor, but they are ahead in their language
  • Zack has turned in to a bit of a comedian and loves to pull faces and make funny noises
  • Austin is very good at giving loves and is always hugging or kissing Zack, me, or Aaron
  • they are both still mommy boys
  • they get very excited when daddy gets home from work
  • they love to play catch and play with balls
  • they love to look out the windows and especially to stand in our window seat in the front room
  • they love being outside
  • they are mommy's running partners
  • Austin loves water no matter what the temperature is
  • Zack is left handed so far and Austin is right (we are pretty sure they are mirror twins)
  • they both love to cuddle
  • they can say juice, snack, cracker, mom, dad, boo, hi, bye, no, yes, uh oh spaghetti-o, dog, woof woof, shoes, tickle, nose, eye, ball, quack, stinky, and banana
  • they love to imitate anything mom or dad do
  • they blow on their food
  • they can be really good eaters and together they can eat as much as me
  • they love each other and if they are in different rooms they will start yelling back and forth to locate each other
  • they are partners in crime and encourage each other to get in to trouble
  • they follow each other everywhere
  • when I go to get them in the morning and after naps they jump and dance in their cribs because they are so excited
  • they love dogs and they have started calling every animal a dog, when they see one their voices raise several octaves and they start screaming with excitement
  • they love to wrestle with each other

I could go on and on, we are so proud of our boys and how far they have come. They are the light of our lives and we don't know what we would ever do without them! We are so grateful for their health and appreciate every day with them. We love you Zack and Austin!!!

A couple of weeks ago Austin figured out if he pushed things like his car or the laundry basket over to things then he could climb up on the couch or window seat. He's pretty proud of himself.

One of Zack's funny faces.


The boys loved the massage chair at my parent's. Their faces were hilarious, I'm sure what mine looks like during a massage or pedicure.


Swimming at our neighbors Summer Kickoff Party. The water was freezing, but it didn't phase Austin at all, Zack had fun once he warmed up to it.

We've been doing some repairs on our shower/bath so we've had to be creative with the boy's bathtime. They thought this was the coolest thing ever! They were inconsolable when we took them out and out kitchen was drenched!


We had fun playing outside today.

10 comments:

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

Yes, Twins are the best! What cute little guys and they are so big! I love how they always have a buddy and somebody always on their side. Twice the work but twice the fun! :)

Malinda said...

They are such cute, silly kids. We love you too Zack and Austin!

The Killer Bunch said...

Wow! What geniouses us have on your hands. Speaking of hands, how are yours? I'm impressed you were able to type as much as you did.

Lori said...

oh how fun! 18 months, that's awesome!!!! I especially love that your boys communicate to each other while in different rooms. Makes me giggle.

YAY for making it to 18 months!

Ryan said...

Was this a 1-finger typed blog or are you now ok? How fun are your little boys! Can't wait to stick Josh inbetween them and see what happens.

Kristin said...

They sound like so much fun! The picture of them in the sink is so cute. When we get together this summer, you'll have to bring the boys over to see Parker the Puggle.

Ryan said...

(Katie) Man, I'm sorry about your hands, that's horrible! I just don't understand why people would put that kind of pain into their mouths..!!

Your boys are so big. That's great that they are so caught up, and even ahead. I'll bet that has a lot to do with their wonderful mom and dad.

Sorry I haven't been keeping in touch with you. Ryan's phone is kaput, so he's been using mine more, and I don't use it very much...What do you think about a get together next week? I wish I would've gotten your message about hanging out sooner, we were on our way already....Love you guys! Give your babies a kiss for me.

LynDee said...

This was so fun to read. Twins are so fun. My boys are just starting to interact more and more and I am really looking forward to them "entertaining" each other and playing together. Your boys are so cute, what an awesome fam!

Jessica said...

They are so adorable! I love the picture of them in the kitchen sink. 18 months is such an adventurous age. How much fun.

Erika said...

What cuties! Can you believe they are already 18 months old? Time flies. I hope you are having a great summer. We'll be out visiting July 16-21. I don't know your plans for the 20 or 21, but it would be fun to see you.