We all woke up bright and early this morning and went and ran the Nestle Family Fun Run 5k. It was a lot of fun despite it only being in the 40s and raining. After one day of training Aaron finished in 29:34 and me and the boys finished in 31:28. I was a little disappointed in my time because I have been finishing in under 30 minutes in my training, but we were near the back of the start and it was probably almost 1/2 mile before I was able to really start running because of so many walkers and slow people in front of me so that was really frustrating. I was glad that I felt good the whole run though because I pulled the ligaments in the back of my knee on Monday so hopefully the next time around my time will be better. My uncle Mark and aunt Cheri and their kids came and ran with us and we had a great morning being able to spend time with them and some of my favorite cousins!
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Nestle Family Fun Run
Posted by
Heidi
on
Saturday, June 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Way to go!! Today's weather was awful, too, way to be! How IS your knee feeling? Did you get it checked out?
Ps, I LOVE that Aaron...even in running... is decked out head to toe in U of U stuff. Hee hee hee.
Good job to both of you! That looks like it was a fun event.
You are awesome! I love that the boys got their own numbers. It makes for a cute family photo. Did they really give out medals for the world's cutest twins?
How awesome! I love the family picture.
Heidi you are looking good! Running with a scroller is not easy so double thumbs up for you.
I am sure you would have been able to beat Aaron and beat 30 minutes if Aaron pushed the stroller, so way to go.
Good job guys. Now what are the crazy prizes that you got for running it? Also, don't you feel a little embarrassed standing next to someone who so blatantly supports the U?
That's great Heidi! Way to go! Especially since you were pushing 2 kids in a stroller!
Your family is so cute! Way to go! I am hoping to do something like this with our family next summer!! Thank you for the inspiration!
I love that you found a race that let you run with the kids! I can't wait to move back to Utah! Oh and don't beat yourself up about your time, you did terrific! Believe you me I would be coming in molasses moving slow. Way to go girl!
PS. I didn't even notice the U stuff...
Post a Comment