For the common good of the readers of this blog, I need to make a public service announcement. Water, milk, olive oil, rubbing alcohol, vinegar, aloe, and ice are not to effective but milk was the best option of these, especially for burning up the nose (possible pictures to follow). Luckily, I was able to find this picture on the internet showing the best solution for the dreaded jalapeño burn (never mind that the couch the subject is sitting on looks strikingly similar to ours). What you are seeing below are two hands covered in full fat mayonnaise (no low fat stuff) and encapsulated in Ziploc bags. This should be done for about an hour to relieve burning. And so you know, the Utah Poison Control number is 1-800-222-1222. For best results call immediately and not 5 hours later.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
UPDATE: Life Lesons
Posted by
Aaron
on
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Did you do this just so you could put a post on your blog?
I don't know if I should laugh or cry . . . that picture is funny and sad at the same time. I hope the mayo was a success and the pain is gone!
Just out of curiosity, would Miracle Whip work?
Miracle Whip wouldn't work, you have to have full fat mayo because of the high fat content. Luckily we happened to have some because I always buy low fat or fat free otherwise Aaron would've been going to the store at 11 last night to get some. I am sad to say that the mayo only helped get it out of my hands, but made it worse in my finger tips so I ended up going to sleep holding on to an ice pack and when I woke up around 4 it was pretty much gone. It still hurts a little, but nothing compared to what it did. I will never make that mistake again!!!
I bet she did it so that Aaron would have to change all the diapers... I'm with Steve. I would think that your kids would provide enough blogging material, without you going and doing something like this. Hope you feel better!
Post a Comment