Friday, May 14, 2010

ILL

In less than 12 hours I will wake up and begin preparing to go run the Ogden Half Marathon and every time the thought crosses my mind I feel physically ill. I seriously feel like I'm going to puke!

What was I thinking scheduling myself to work last night? Thank heavens for my mom I at least got 4 hours of sleep today. I feel like I'm as ready as I could have been only having 2 1/2 months to train, but I definitely wish I would have had at least another month of training. The best part besides feeling great is that I'm down 20 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight!

Does it seem like my thoughts are jumping all over the place? That's because they are, how am I going to run 13 miles tomorrow? I know I'll finish; it's just wondering how well I'll finish that has me feeling so insanely nervous. What was I thinking???

Excuse me while I go pray to the porcelain god!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Heidi, you'll do awesome! That's so great that you've gotten into such good shape. Believe me, don't worry about your time for your first race. It feels awesome just to be running it. Good luck!

Nate said...

I think that people who run are insane, but good luck!

Erika said...

I agree, just running it is an accomplishment. Have fun and enjoy the day!

Dorene said...

You can do it!

Malinda said...

None of us non-runners knows what a good time is anyway. Don't worry. Just have fun.

GOOD LUCK!

Jessica said...

Good luck Heidi! It's awesome how hard you have worked, you're definetly an inspiration to me!

Emily Harkness said...

Heidi!!! You are in big trouble. I was so carefully looking out for you today and when I saw you I started screaming my guts out and waving my arms, but you had your headphones in and didn't even notice or hear me! The people next to me were laughing at me and told me I should have brought a sign...but you were so in the zone, I don't think you would have seen that either! ANYWAY...GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!! You did awesome and you looked great!!! Congratulations on finishing and such a good time, too!