Like everyone else in Utah we celebrated Halloween on Saturday. We woke up to some yummy caramel rolls for breakfast. That afternoon the boys painted pumpkins while me and Aaron carved them. It was nice to have them paint them so they could do it themselves. However, while getting some paint for Zack I looked up and saw this:If you look close you can see paint all over in his teeth, luckily it was non-toxic. :)
The fruits of our labors. Pumpkins in order of who painted them. Austin, Zack, Gavin What you can't see is that Zack painted his pumpkin all the way around, he especially loved doing it.
For dinner we had our traditional potato soup in pumpkin bread bowls, yummy!
Then we headed out for some wet and cold trick-or-treating. We got rained on the whole time. Our kids lasted about an hour and then they were all begging to come home.They were a family of Tyrannosaurus Rex's. I never thought I would make my kid's costumes and I never wanted to after hearing about all of the work that some people made them sound like, but this year when the alternative was spending $100 (on not very cute, crappy material, and poorly made costumes) I decided to take the plunge. They really weren't too bad, next year I just need to start them earlier since I finished them Saturday afternoon.
It's been nice also that they all love their costumes and have wanted to wear them all of the time.Growling has not been in short supply lately!
Zack
Austin
Gavin, obviously
They have loved wagging their tails- do dinosaurs wag their tails? :)
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Halloween
Posted by
Heidi
on
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Cute! Great job on the costume.
Super cute costumes! I've very impressed. I love to sew, but I've yet to take the plunge into costume territory (I'm more of a quilter)...maybe one day!
Am I the "some people" that make costume-making sound like a lot of work? :) They look very cute!
Malinda- when you made that skunk costume I swear I remember you telling me that it cost like $50 to make and was a lot of work and pretty much ever since then I've thought there is no way I will make them and I didn't think I had the talent either. But I don't remember you saying anything bad about the rest of the ones you've made.
Um...your costumes are AMAZING!!! They look like a lot of work to me! All I can sew is straight lines. Great job. Oh, and I love the painted mouth...yummy! Sounds like a way fun Halloween. You are such a great mommy!
Soooo cute!
Post a Comment