I started off Christmas Eve by working that morning. I wasn't very excited to work because I still had so much to do, but I ended up being so glad that I did. It was just what I needed to refocus my thoughts on the importance of Christmas and it really helped put me in the right mood. That night we went up to my parent's for our traditional dinner and then came home and the boys got to unwrap the pajamas. I didn't have time to finish the shirts because I was too busy with too many other projects.
Here are the finished pajamas- the shirts were only a month late. :)
Then we put out cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.
After reading scriptures we finished the night reading The Night Before Christmas.
Zack and Austin woke up Christmas morning around 7:30 and after making them wait until around 8 we went and woke Gavin up. We always start Christmas morning off reading the scriptures and saying a prayer and then it's time to go out and see what Santa brought. (I can't believe I didn't take pictures of their stockings. I have been meaning to make them stockings since they were born and never did it, but I finally made them this year and I love how they turned out.)
I put this picture in just because you can mostly see Austin and Zack's stocking and you can mostly see Gavin's in the one below. I will have to get pictures of them better next year.
I love how unexcited Austin looks in this picture- he was actually really excited to get the dragon he had been asking for for at least a couple of months.
Zack didn't really start asking for the dragon until about a week before Christmas, but I put in a good word to Santa to get him one before that because the only thing he was asking for was running clothes so he could go running with me. I think that's the cutest thing, but I thought he would be bummed on Christmas if he didn't get any toys.
Our boys are obsessed with flashlights so Santa thought they would love some and he was right! This was probably then and still the favorite present received by all of the boys. Gavin also got some food that you cut that's made by Melissa and Doug that he absolutely loves!
Aaron got some tools and golf supplies. I got snow shoes, a silpat mat, and some movies.
After present opening we had our traditional breakfast of sweet rolls. Zack was complaining of not feeling good during breakfast, but then ended up finishing all of his food so we didn't think much of it.
We had church at 11 which I loved! There was something so perfect about going to church on Christmas that I wish we did every year.
Right after church we headed straight up to my grandparent's. About 15 min in to our drive Zack said he didn't feel good again. I looked back at him and instantly knew he was going to puke so I told Aaron to hurry and pull over while I started searching for the barf bag which somehow disappeared. Aaron pulled over and Zack started puking before we could get him out. I jumped out of the car and ran over to the other side and ripped him out while he finished throwing up. It was the worst throw up we've ever had in the car! It puddled down in to the back and got all over the seat and was all over the floor and in every little and big nook and cranny of the car seat. We cleaned it up and him as best we could and after he finished we loaded him back up and turned around and went home. When we got home we threw him in the tub and washed all of the pads and the frame of the car seat and steam cleaned the chair underneath and the floor of the car. A couple of hours later we loaded back up with lots of barf bags and headed up to my parent's.
Normally I wouldn't expose everyone to our germs, but my sister and her little boy were flying back to Arkansas that night and my brother and his family were leaving the next day back to Maryland. We ended up finding out that at least 15 people of my extended family were sick with the same thing so we're pretty sure we picked it up at the Stuart family Christmas party.
We had the normal fun and chaos at my mom's that we always have.After Zack threw up on my parent's carpet we decided to hurry and finish the rest of our visits and get home.
So we went to my grandparent's where I just ran in and gave them their presents and hugs and left. Then we went to Aaron's parent's because they wanted us to despite the puking. Right as we were about to walk in the door Zack threw up again, I was so ready to go home at that point!
We exchanged presents and chatted for a bit and then headed home. We had a great Christmas despite the puking. :)
Monday, December 26, 2011
Christmas
Posted by
Heidi
on
Monday, December 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're the winner. I still haven't finished my Christmas post. I've kind of forgotten what we even did.
I'm so impressed with the pajamas. I've never attempted pajama tops. The whole button hole thing has always scared me. Good work!
I'm also impressed with how well you dealt with the whole puking thing. We would have thrown in the towel and called it a day after the first incident.
Post a Comment