We were doing a rushed version of bedtime because it was late so I told them no books, but Austin really wanted to tell me a story. When I wasn't listening to him he looked at me and said, "Mom you're making my feelings bad." So I said ok tell me the story. He said, "It starts with three hummins and then it begins" and then he proceeded to hum three times and told me a story all about 3 wolves and Optimus Prime and Megatron. He then told me he would tell me his other story in the morning, but that one only starts with one hummin. I'm glad I took a minute to listen to that cute little boy and his story with the hummins.
Aaron was making breakfast and Zack came in and said, "Is there protein in sausage?" Aaron said, "Yes." And Zack ran in to the front room and said, "Austin we're having protein!"
When the boys all wrestle Aaron started pulling the bottom of their shirts over their heads and he would say, "hockey fight." So Austin figured out last week how to do it to Aaron with some help from mom and now that's their favorite thing to do to him, it's pretty funny to see.
Last Saturday night when the boys were taking a bath Aaron thought he would be funny and started throwing glasses of cold water on them so the next morning when Aaron was in the shower Austin came up to me and said, "Mom let's go throw water on Dad." So we filled a big glass of water in the kitchen and snuck in to the bathroom and lucky for us Aaron had his back to us. We threw the cold water on him and Aaron was gasping because it was quite cold. Austin and I thought it was pretty funny!
We moved Zack and Austin in to bunk beds a couple of weeks ago to get ready to move Gavin in to their room. So far they have just been taking turns with who gets to sleep on the top. On Valentine's night they decided for the first time ever that they wanted to sleep in the same bed. They've always been really funny before about not wanting the other one in their bed so I thought it was kind of appropriate that the first time they would want to sleep together is the anniversary of the night Zack came home from the NICU 5 years ago and they were reunited (Austin came home a week earlier than Zack on Feb. 7th). Needless to say I think they played in there for at least 2 hours before they fell asleep. They got flashlight for Christmas and at one point they came out and said, "Mom you should come and see the shadow puppets we're making on the wall" and then went in to detail about the T-Rex they were doing.
I've been trying to teach the boys about why we don't want to eat too much candy and other treats because they have a lot of sugar in them and they aren't healthy for our bodies. So now almost every time Zack eats anything he will ask me if it has sugar in it and if it's candy or something like that I will usually say yes. Then I will explain to him that it's ok to eat a little bit of sugar we just don't want to eat too much. I have felt like it was going well until they asked me if grapefruit had sugar in it and then I was trying to explain to him that it did, but it's natural sugar so it's ok to eat that. Needless to say I don't think he quite got it.
Gavin has become this blanket/stuffed animal/pillow hoarder. He will find all of the before mentioned items in the house and make piles where ever he's at. Sometimes I think it's cute and sometimes it drives me crazy because it makes the house feel like it's always messy.
Friday, February 17, 2012
A few random things
Posted by
Heidi
on
Friday, February 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love those stories! Gavin looks so comfy in that last picture. It makes me want to snuggle up in a big pile of blankets, pillows and stuffed animals. :)
Your kids are growing up fast. It's funny and quite intriguing when you actually sit down and listen to what kids have to say. They are funny and makes you wonder where they come up with all these little ideas! We sure miss you guys! Hope things are going well. take care friend and we need to get together soon!!
Post a Comment