Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ancient History Museum aka Dinosaur Museum

I try to take the boys to The Dinosaur Museum every year during $2 Tuesdays because they love it and it's at least more affordable then.  This is the first time I have taken all of the kids by myself and I must say that I questioned my thought processes while doing it.

As I pulled up I saw that the line came out of the building and wrapped around not just one side of the building, but two!  At that point I considered turning around and driving back home, but I didn't, instead I just parked a mile away.  I hurried and fed Hannah and then as we were walking up to the building I couldn't figure out why the stroller was so hard to push and looked down and one of my tires was flat.  We got up there and waited in line and finally paid to get in and then proceeded to lose Austin.  Luckily, I noticed within probably 30 seconds and saw him 30 feet away from me crying.  By this point I was chanting to myself, "We are going to have fun, we are going to have fun."

 
We were having a good time and then Gavin decided to throw one of his tantrums where he just sits on the ground and won't move.  It doesn't matter if I walk away or not he will just increase the volume of his screaming rather than getting up and moving.  So he got to be strapped in to the stroller after that and didn't get to get out.

Then Zack decided he wanted to play on one of the computers there which I might have let him, but they were all being used and I wasn't going to stand in line for those so he decided to pout and be grumpy because of that.

 It was at this point that I wondered why I try to do fun things with my kids!  Gavin still crying and mad because he's strapped in and there is Zack on the end pulling a stupid face because he's mad at me. 
The wooly mammoth was the thing that Austin and Zack were the most excited to see.
 Playing in the sand was the other thing they were the most excited to do.  Overall, I think the kids had a great time.  As for me I think I need a little more time so the frustration of the day is more funny that frustrating!

2 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

I wondered if the $2 Tuesday thing was worth it- now I'm glad I didn't attempt it!

I'm only a nice mom when I don't have to wait it lines.

Emily Harkness said...

Wow...You are one brave woman! Just looking at the pictures, the outing looks nothing but fun and successful!