Thursday, February 21, 2008

Update

After 5 doctor visits, 5 hospital visits, 10 blood draws, 2 respiratory tests, 3 chest x-rays, 4 attempts at a urine catheter, 4 times of throwing up, 8 days of 103 fevers, 4 bottles of Ibuprofen, 4 bottles of Tylenol, 70 times taking temperatures, 2 days and still counting of a rash on the chest and back, and multiple calls to and from the pediatrician; Austin and Zack are finally mostly feeling better. After all of those tests we never did figure out what they had; Dr. Clawson thinks it was a virus of some sort, we're just glad it's over! Thank you to everyone for all of the love and concern, it has been a long week and a half, but we are very grateful that it wasn't anything worse and that they are on the mend. I can't wait for winter to be over! Here are some cute pictures of our boys feeling better, they love bath time!


6 comments:

Kristin said...

I can't believe that, you must be tired. I thought one sick baby was hard...you deserve a vacation! I'm glad to hear that they are feeling better. We are also wishing for summer and are really excited to come home to visit.

Malinda said...

Wow! That is not a fun week. I'm glad they are getting better. I love the bath pics. It's cool how their hair spikes up under the water. Very cute!

Trever and Heather said...

I could definitely use some spring weather now- to aid in selling the house!!

Glad the boys are feeling better- they're just too cute to be sick!

Heidi said...

sounds so miserable! I am glad they are feeling better.

Lori said...

ohhh... i am sorry. i can totally relate (except not times two...that adds a whole other stress) i'm glad they are starting to feel better. seriously, can spring come soon enough??

Erika said...

I am so glad they are feeling better. They are blessed to have such a great mom and as a bonus a mom who is a nurse! I hope the recovery continues to go well.