Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Case of the Missing Ring.....

When I was pregnant my hands got swollen pretty early on so I couldn't wear my wedding ring anymore. Well, at the time I was watching It Takes a Thief (a show where professional thieves break in to people's houses) and I started worrying that someone would break in to our house and steal my ring so I hid it (at least I thought I did). So when I went to put it on 8 months later it was gone and after tearing our house apart many times it was no where to be found. We had high hopes that while painting our room today (pictures will be coming) we would find the ring behind the dresser or somewhere that we have already looked, but when I came home from work this morning Aaron had already moved everything out of the room and sadly told me that the ring was no where to be found. After that we both figured that it was just gone forever so I of course started designing my new ring in my mind. :) Then as I was putting my paint clothes on I noticed a ring on the floor and to my utter disbelief there was my long lost wedding ring on the floor! I had tucked it in to a pair of pants that were folded in my drawer that I haven't worn for years and I have even emptied that drawer of clothes at least 4 times looking for my ring. I am very happy to report that I have left the Katie's club of missing wedding rings!!!

5 comments:

Malinda said...

PHEW! I am so happy for you. I've lost my ring for 7 hours at a time a couple of times and it is not a good feeling. I'm so glad you found it!

I'm excited to see the new paint pictures.

Erika said...

I am so glad you found it! I still haven't got in the habit of wearing my ring since being pregnant either.

I am excited to see the pics of your newly painted room.

Heidi said...

this makes me happy

Ryan said...

I will we had a happy ending like that...

Katie said...

That's bittersweet for me. I'm glad for you, but having you in my situation made me feel okay with it! :) Why can't my club be the "cool women club" or something?