Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

Memorial Day has always been a day that we have gone to the graves with my family and then gone to the park to play, but this year it has become very different. It hasn't become any easier since Daxton died, but we have all learned a lot and are hopefully becoming better friends, parents, siblings, and kids because of him and all he taught us. After going to the graves Sunday we went to a park and had a nice picnic and then had fun playing on the playground and playing sand volleyball. On Monday we visited graves again and then had a party with my dad's family. We are very grateful for our family!



Aunt Mandy holding the four boys (number 4 makes his debut next Thursday!).
The boys had a great time climbing the tree.

3 comments:

mrs. jar said...

I was thinking about your sister and brother-in-law a lot this last weekend. I hope they did ok. It has to be hard, but I am glad they have such an awesome family and great support system.

Malinda said...

That's a rough day. I'm glad you guys have each other to get through it.

Your boys look handsome and grown-up in their sweater vests. It's cute that Neal matches too.

Ryan said...

(Katie) Hope you guys are doing well. It's been pretty rough for your family lately! We're thinking of you guys and keeping you in our prayers.

Your boys are so cute. I love their hair. It's just like it was when they were born....:)