Monday, September 15, 2008

Question?

So I'm 99.99999% sure that I've been feeling the baby move since at least last Thursday (a day before I would have been 12 weeks). Aaron thinks I'm crazy and keeps telling me that I'm feeling gas, I think by now I would now what gas feels like! So I'm just wondering when did any of you feel your babies move? Is it possible for me to already be feeling this little one?

20 comments:

Amanda said...

First of all, congrats on being pregnant! I wish I had an answer to your question, but I really have no experience here. I can only tell you what the books say, which I'm sure you're already aware of....soooo no help there really. Thirdly, I can't believe that you just barely got the Sonora gift card! I sent it at least 3 weeks ago! I'm sooo sorry it took that long to get to you. I figured since we live like 30 minutes away from each other that it would get there a little sooner. Geez. I should have just driven it to you. ;) And fourthly (do you love that this is the longest comment ever?) Max's sugery is the 26th of this month. Will you be at Primary's that day?

Suzanne said...

I always doubted if what I was feeling was the baby or something else...so until it was TOTALLY a kick or somersault feeling, I never reported the baby moving until week 20-22ish. (That seems late compared to you, huh?!?) I remember watching my ultrasound and seeing the baby moving & kicking all over the place on the screen, but not feeling ANY of it myself - so weird!

Malinda said...

The earliest I felt a baby kick was at 16 weeks, so I'm going to have to side with Aaron on this one. :) If it makes you feel any better, I still occassionally feel a baby kicking. Since we know that there isn't one in there, I must say that gas and stomach rumbles can fool even us old pregnancy veterans. Nate mocks me too (with better reason) when I tell him I feel a baby kicking.

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

It seems as if this time around I felt this baby a LOT earlier than with the boys. I'm on your side on this one. I think I felt this little one around 13 or 14 weeks, So you never know. The books also say that the baby starts to move around 7 weeks. So you never know. :)

Anonymous said...

I felt all of my babies around 14 weeks, and most people told me it wasn't possible...but then you look at my children now, well, let's just say that it's probably a baby. It's probably a baby. Congrats!

Heidi said...

I would agree with you, but it often is after I have eaten and it's always at about 9pm. I'm still convinced it's the baby!

Heidi said...

I felt it around 18 weeks, but I honestly have no idea if it is possible to feel that early. But what does it hurt to go ahead and say it is?

Trever and Heather said...

I was 22-23 weeks with Ava. But she's the only example I have, so who knows?

Sometimes I still think I can feel a baby kicking me- though I'm positive the doctor didn't leave one in there. Or did he?

And a note for Aaron- the pregnant woman is always right. Say it with me- the pregnant woman is always right.

Jessica said...

Totally possible! Now that you know what it feels like you just might recognize it sooner. Yeah! I just can't stop smiling when I think of you expecting again. I am so excited for you! You are such a cute mommy!

Lori said...

i didn't really feel my babies move til 18-20 weeks. but, i think everyone is different! sooo great you're out of your first trimester!

Ryan said...

Gas. I know you Heidi.

Aaron said...

Gas.

Katie said...

I've wondered a couple times if I've felt my baby, which I'm sure is just gas right now, but you never know. I've heard the reason we don't feel them kick early is because they aren't strong enough yet, but maybe your baby is just really strong.
Please excuse my husband, he blames everything on gas.

Steve said...

I question your use of significant figures.

Also I think this is your first blog concerning your having gas. Way to get that out there. What's next?

Just kidding.

Blake said...

I will agree that you can feel your baby at your stage. I remember when I first thought I felt my baby move. It didn't feel natural at all. I thought for sure it was the baby. Needless to say, I later found out it was bad gas because I'm a dude, and dudes don't get pregnant. Oh well, maybe next time.

3inpink and 1inblue! said...

18-20 weeks in my memory. Gas most likely at 12 weeks. Congrats on the pregnancy for both of you.

Laura said...

Wow, you got a lot of comments on this one, so why not give my say, too? I remember distinctly the first time I felt Hyrum move... no question it was him and it was about 14 or 15 weeks. I really think I felt Annie even earlier, so I say you're the best judge on this one.

The Killer Bunch said...

I can't remember but all I know is a mother's intuition is usually right. Unfortunately Aaron doesn't know what that's like to have such a gift:)

Erika said...

I like the new look of your blog. I have no idea on your question, but maybe you have a future soccer player inside.

The Wilson Family said...

I don't know if you will even read this! But I totally felt my little girl so early!! I thinks your first you aren't sure what it feels like but your second you know and you realize it so much faster!! I felt Ever at 12 weeks easy, Kurt thought I was crazy too!