Monday, September 8, 2008

Utes

Saturday was the Utes first home game of the season. I was a little nervous about how the boys would do since they were both still sick and Zack decided he didn't need to take a nap, but they did amazingly well. I think it was a lot because there were strangers all around us so they really didn't dare to get down, the only problem we had with them was that they both wanted to sit on my lap and Zack would freak out whenever I was holding Austin. They were a little overwhelmed by the noise and all of the people, but they quickly got over it. Matt and Michelle have seats three rows up from us and just to the side and the whole first half I kept trying to get them to see them, but they never did notice them until Michelle went to get some food. As she was walking up the stairs back to her seat all of a sudden Austin started doing this excited giggle and I looked over and saw Michelle there. He followed her all the way to her seat and when I told them that Austin had seen them and they smiled and waved at Austin he freaked out he was so excited. He just kept lunging for them so naturally we did the baby pass and Austin was happy as a clam to be sitting with them.


The last quarter the boys were really getting tired because it was past their bed time and Zack decided he wasn't nervous around the strangers anymore so whenever he would get mad for some reason he kept trying to hit this guy in front of us. There was a big group of guys and he would only try to hit the same one everytime. I don't know what he had against him, but I hope he doesn't sit by us every game or I will feel really bad. We had a great time and we're excited that the season has begun!

13 comments:

Malinda said...

When we passed the stadium on the way to the zoo I wondered if you guys were there. Season tickets? That sounds like fun. I'm not a Ute fan, but I loved the sea of red in the stadium when we were driving back down the hill. It looks awesome. GO UTES! . . . that was me pretending to be a fan so Aaron will still like me. :)

Heidi said...

That looks like alot of fun. How are you feeling with your pregnancy? Your family looks darling.

Heidi said...

hey, we were there too, Katie was pretty good too. It would have been fun to see you guys.

Steve said...

Sometimes I have the desire to randomly strike Ute Fans too Zack. But we should love them and they will eventually come back.

Just kidding, can I still watch BYU games at your house? I've wondered if I am to be banned after Austin said Go Cougars.

Erika said...

Oh, I love the thing one and thing two shirts. How cute. I love the family picture. The only thing that would make it better is if you were wearing blue.

BKC said...

That is so funny about him hitting the guy in front of him. So your post before this made me exhausted just reading it!!

Katie said...

It was funny to see the picture of the boys with Michelle and hubby because they both look so much like you and Aaron. That's got to be so fun having season tickets, hopefully the boys will continue to let you enjoy the games! That's so funny about Zack hitting the guy. Did he laugh about it? Hopefully, there's so much to laugh about with kids around.

Adrianne said...

That is funny!!! I am glad that your boys are doing better and I am glad that you guys had fun. It looks like fun!!

Suzanne said...

We were there, too, and baby Brookelle was amazingly good, as well. There must've been good vibes in the air that day. So, that first pic is of your sister & her husband, right? Cuz, if you don't look CLOSE ENOUGH, they could pass for you & Aaron! I was sitting here looking at it thinking, "I wonder how Heidi got her hair to stay pulled back so perfectly in that pony tail with her new layered hairdo?" :)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you might have some hecklers!!! Way to break them into sports. I like the shirts of thing 1 and thing 2. I love the change to your blog. It's pretty.

The Killer Bunch said...

Okay so my husband is extremely jealous of your season tickets. He's a huge Utes fan and for Halloween this year we've already decided to turn Bennett into a Ute football player. He's already got his football shirt ready to go.

mommy princess said...

I found you guys through Lori's blog. Your family is so dang cute!
Congrats on the baby. Drop me a note sometime!

mommy princess said...

It depends on how old the Drew Allen you know is. My little brother who just turned 10 is named Drew. I hope you get a girl they are so much fun! Now I just have to keep up with you to know what you have for sure.