Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

I have so many things to be grateful for so I thought I would share a few of them, in no particular order.


The gospel and the prophet. I feel so lucky to live this close to the headquarters of the church and to have temples and churches so close to my home. I'm also very grateful for the wonderful ward I live in, everyone is so supportive and thoughtful of others.

My job, as much as I love being at home and dread going to work, I'm so grateful to have a stable job that I love. I don't think I could work in a more rewarding place and it is so flexible which makes it great when you have a family. I can work as little or as much as I want and I can do nights so my kids don't have to go to daycare.

My extended family and friends. We have been very blessed with a great support system and many people that love our kids.

My boys!!! This time of year I can't help but remember December 2006 and realize how incredibly grateful we are to have our kids and to have them be so healthy and thriving! They are without a doubt my joy in life and I love them so much!

Our baby, we can't wait for this little boy to join our family. I love feeling him inside of me and it is such a comfort to me how active this little boy is. I often have overwhelming feelings of love for him and can't wait for when I get to smother him with kisses!!!

Last, but definitely not least, my hubby!!! I'm so grateful that he is willing and able to work full-time to support our family. He also does so much to help around our home and with the boys and I don't think the boys could be more lucky to have him for a dad! He is so patient with me especially right now when I have major pregnancy hormones. I love him so much and I'm so grateful he chose to marry me!!!

We had a nice Thanksgiving that started with Aaron playing in the turkey bowl. He looks forward to it more than anything the rest of the year. He plays with my brothers, uncles, and cousins. I don't know why they all love it so much because they are usually all sore for at least a week, but I'm glad he has them to play with.
We went to my grandma's for dinner and had wonderful food!! I think I was full for at least a day after all of that good food. Unfortunately I didn't get hardly any pictures because I was enjoying relaxing too much. The only picture I have is of my cousin Mike, he was bragging about how he ate everything there, but we soon started pointing out the many things he had missed so my Uncle Gary made a nice little concoction for him of all of those foods. Here he is with the masterpiece of ice cream, Parmesan cheese (that expired three years ago), bacon bits, whipped cream, mayo, miracle whip, Dijon mustard, whip cream, and many more things that I can't remember. We had to leave shortly after so I didn't get to see if he threw up, darn. :)


Then I ended the night off with working, only 15 more years and I don't have to do any more holidays! :)


3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love your list!

Malinda said...

It's okay that you didn't name me by name. I am so counting myself among that "extended family" group. :) I do love your boys and I'm excited to see/hold/not kiss your baby. I'm needing my fix of newborn smell.

Steve said...

Mike is my hero.