Saturday was Austin and Zack's 2nd birthday. They were grumpy when they woke up so I had the brilliant idea to let them open their presents while Aaron was making us french toast for breakfast. Once they saw the balloons and basketballs nothing else mattered. To say that we bought them the perfect gift and that they were excited is an understatement! We had to force them to eat breakfast and after a couple of bites they kept saying, "done!" They couldn't decide what they wanted to play with more and were so cute and happy! It took them two hours to want to open up their other presents and after reading their new books they went right back to the basketballs and balloons. We try really hard to buy them the exact same thing to try to minimize fighting, but these boys are smart! Even though the basketballs look the EXACT same somehow they always know which one is their's, it can be quite annoying!
I wanted to do something fun with them that day since it's our own family holiday with two birthdays and our anniversary so I got the brilliant idea to take them tubing since they love being outside. I didn't think at the time about how I can't do my coat up anymore and snow pants weren't going to fit either or that we would be taking the boys away from their beloved balloons and basketballs. The boys were not happy when we left and when we got there they weren't happy about being out in the cold. They don't like snow to get on their boots or gloves and they don't like sitting in it or having that cold air on their faces. I know they were warm because when we took their snow clothes off they were toasty, but since they have a hard time moving around in the snow they were not impressed! I think about the only time they were happy was when they were going down the hill or if we were holding them. Regardless me and Aaron had fun and we made some great memories! Here is what they really thought about going:Me and Zack
Aaron and Austin
Happy Anniversary to us
That night we went to Chile's for dinner and then went to Temple Square. The boys seemed to enjoy the lights and kept saying WOW, but I think they were just thinking, "Why did mom and dad take us away from our basketballs and balloons again?"
We love these little boys and are so grateful they came in to our family! Two years ago was a day of very mixed emotions, we were so excited and happy to have these two little boys come in to our lives and our family, but we also found out right after their birth that Zack had a mass in his abdomen and they were sending him to Primary Children's, after arriving there they gave us a poor prognonis. I have never been so scared in my life! The first few months were some of the hardest of my life and I thank Heavenly Father everyday that things turned out so different than what they very easily could have.
These boys amaze us everyday with what they are learning. They are talking a ton! They talk in sentences now and copy everything we do and say. They copy each other a lot as well and are the best of friends (most of the time). They love to climb all over everything and thanks to their cousin Neal they also love to jump off everything now. Their favorite things right now are Utah football, any sports or balls, dinosaurs, and animals. We love you boys so much!!!!!!
Monday, December 22, 2008
Happy Birthday Love Bugs!!
Posted by
Heidi
on
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Wow where do I start. Congrats on the anniversary and your boys birthdays! What a fun few days you have had. I absolutley love your family pictures. I can't wait to do an outside family picture like that. I wish the Merriest Christmas. I don't go back to work until Jan. 5th. so lets get the boys together. Bennett is finally walking!
I'm glad (and not at all surprised) that they loved the basketballs/hoop. It is fun when kids are so easy to please. (and I love your half naked tree in the background . . . too funny.)
Sorry that the sledding was kind of a bust. We have the opposite problem in this house. Our kids want to stay out for hours longer than I do. Maybe we should switch for a day and you can go sledding with my kids until your fingers freeze and I'll stay in and play basketball with your boys.
How fun! What cute boys you have. That is about how Hyrum felt about the snow last year but he likes it this year so maybe next year they will enjoy it. Funny that of all the days of the year they chose to come on your anniversary! Hyrum threatened to do that too. I'm glad things seem to be going so well for your family now!
I can not believe that the boys are already two. That is crazy. I forgot all that you guys went through when they were born. You are a very strong family, with very cute babies!
Congrats on the anniversary! To many more!
Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to the boys!
Those pictures of the boys in the snow are great. The looks on their faces - to funny.
Looks like you had a fun day with the family! The boys look so cute with their new hoop. Congrats on the anniversary!
Post a Comment