Sunday, January 25, 2009

Me and 31 weeks DON'T get along!!

What a week! I turned 31 weeks on Wednesday and started the morning off having contractions and a lot of pain so me and the boys made the trek to the doctor. She said I have a Group B Strep infection which was very concerning because most women who deliver early it's from them getting infections that causes their water to break. She put me on an antibiotic and told me to take it easy (yeah that's possible with two little boys to take care of). Unfortunately things weren't getting any better so I went back in on Friday and she noticed that I was having contractions. Thankfully, I haven't started dilating yet, but I now have to take Terbutaline whenever I'm having contractions which has been pretty much all of the time. Depending on how things are looking this week I may have to go up to the hospital and get Betamethasone shots to help the baby's lungs develop faster. She said I can't work anymore until I'm at least 36 weeks, but I am very happy to report I have now been pregnant one day longer than I was with Zack and Austin! Please pray that our little boy will stay where he belongs for at least 5 more weeks and that we'll win the lottery (not having my income is going to make things a little hard!).

To end this on a happy note here are some pictures of some cute kids! The last couple of weeks sometimes after the boy's bath we will turn on the shower. They love it and are really funny to watch when it's on. Unfortunately, Aaron missed the picture when they were putting their legs up, it's really funny! It's a little steamy! Austin kept trying to get the water in his mouth.
Zack didn't appreciate me violating their privacy and really wanted the door closed.

10 comments:

Malinda said...

We are praying that the little guy stays put for five more weeks. Hopefully the contractions will stop. Contracting for weeks at a time is no fun!

Those pictures are hilarious. I can't believe they like having the shower on. My kids HATED it at that age. It seems like they each accidentally turned it on once, freaked out, and never touched it again.

Anonymous said...

Keep that baby in your belly!

Wish I lived close still and I could come and take the boys for you!

Heidi said...

we are definitely praying for you. Good luck!

Adrianne said...

Good luck, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Your in our prayers! Just keep that baby in you!

Heidi said...

Try to take it easy and we'll keep you in our prayers! The pictures of the boys are darling!

Ryan said...

Oh man! I was thinking a few days ago about how you passed 31 weeks and was so excited for you! You make sure to take it easy so that boy stays in there! Heh, as easy as you can. Hmmm...
We'll keep you guys in our prayers.

Katie said...

Whoops, that last comment was from me.

Jessica said...

We will keep you in our prayers. Having contractions is so nerve wracking. Love the pics of your cute boys

BKC said...

First of all, cute pictures. Second of all, oh my goodness Heidi keep that little guy cookin! We'll definitely keep you in our prayers. I'll be thinking about you and please call on me if you need help...we're not that far away!!

Ashley said...

Hopefully your little guys stays put for a while!

I think it's good they like the shower, sometimes I find I'm in a hurry and there's no time for a bath. I just strip them and they get a 20 second shower. All done!