Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Update

The last 2 weeks have been busy with lots of puking, lots of laundry, organizing, and a new family member. For all of you wondering if the baby is here the answer is thank heavens NO! My little sister moved in with us about a week and a half ago because she is going to the College of Massage Therapy in SLC and didn't want to commute everyday. So far it's been good having her here, but we don't get to see her near enough because she is so busy. Although as soon as she gets her massage table I will become her person to practice on, I CAN'T wait!!!
With the baby coming and soon inheriting the nursery as his new room; Austin and Zack needed a new room. We are moving them in to our other bedroom upstairs which used to be our spare bedroom/junk room and Angie is staying in our basement which has left me only our storage room for all of our food storage, holiday decorations, and whatever other crap we have. I have had to be creative with how to use our space and not have our house be cluttered. I bought several under the bed storage containers which is where most of my wrapping supplies and crafts have had to fit or in my or Aaron's closet. We have also started on my New Year's goal of getting our storage room organized to figure out what we really want to keep and what can go. So far we have already taken 4 huge loads to the DI and probably about twice that has ended up in the garbage. So much of it has made me wonder what we were thinking keeping so much stuff. I will admit that some of it was hard to get rid of because of guilt or sentimental reasons, but I have felt so much lighter having it gone. I will take pictures and show everything when we are done which will hopefully be soon.
Last Sunday Austin got a stomach virus which he then lovingly passed to me and I then lovingly passed it to Zack. So far Aaron has avoided our love, we will see if he continues to be so lucky. I do think there should be a law against pregnant women getting a stomach virus! It had me really freaked out for a couple of days since tomorrow is when I would have become so sick with vomiting and such with Austin and Zack which then put me in to preterm labor, but so far so good with this little guy. I had my OB appointment tonight and she felt like everything is still looking ok. The baby is up to about 3 lbs. 13 oz. and cute as ever! My blood pressure is a little bit higher and there was a small amount of protein in my urine (sorry if that's TMI), but she felt like it was still low enough that I was ok. She is being cautious and tested me for Group B strep today in case we need to know early, but I'm keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed and sending lots of prayers upward! Two more months to go!!

15 comments:

Lori said...

glad to hear things are going well! yay for only two more months!

Malinda said...

Puking. Now I know why you weren't at church on Sunday. I wondered after I got off the phone with you (please don't tell me that you said it and I just didn't remember 20 minutes later . . . my brain has not been up to par lately!)

Anyway, good work on the Clean Sweep project. We're going to do some of that at this house too.

I'm glad things are looking good with #3. We'll keep our finger and toes crossed too.

Jessica said...

Sorry to hear you got sick again. Yuck. That's awesome that you only have two months left, I hope and pray that baby stays in.

Erika said...

Wow, you have been busy! Four loads to the DI is very impressive. It is even more impressive that you are seven months pregnant and doing all that!

Mandy said...

It sounds like Aaron is a lot better at getting rid of things than Steve is. He went through his closet and only got rid of about 5 things. Tell little Max (after Max Hall of course) that we are excited to see him, but not to come until you say so (Austin and Zack).

Malinda said...

Is it really Max?!?!?

Heidi said...

No way! Why would we name him after Max Hall, if we were going to name our kids after BYU players we would totally pick Austin Collie, oh wait we already did that. ha ha Just kidding, we want our kids to succeed in life.:)

Laura said...

You're getting so close! Yay! I'm sorry to hear you were sick, but glad that it was only temporary. I feel so bad for women who are sick after the first trimester! Also gald that extra family member is your sister.
Four loads- Way to go! I need to be a lot better at getting rid of stuff.
Oh and, even though I am a BYU fan, that Utah bowl game was pretty exciting! We watched it with my dad (a U grad). Congrats to the U!

Katie said...

Glad to hear you're doing well. Crazy to think that you'd be delivering this little guy if he was the same as his older brothers.
Hang in there!

Suzanne said...

That just made me happy to hear about your DI loads and throwing out! Am I a freak for getting excited about productive-ness? So, does that mean I'll still be able to see your T.P. and paper towels in your storage room window from my home or not? I knew where to go if we ran out & had an emergency!! :)

Keep that baby IN! postive thoughts, positive thoughts...

Heidi said...

Suzanne, that cracked me up! I'm sorry to say that you will no longer be able to see our TP and paper towel supply. We bought some shelves for the storage room so they have been permanently moved.

Heidi said...

I can't believe you're almost done! I'm sure it went by alot faster for me than for you. That's great you get massages anytime for free!

eric and erika said...

I will keep you in my prayers to keep that little guy in the oven. Tell him its not time yet!! Hope to see you at work soon.

Michelle said...

Heidi, I am so glad you left me a comment so I could find your blog. I have been such a blog slacker lately and am trying to catch up. You guys have been SUPER busy lately. Hopefully it is helping the pregnancy pass quickly. Sorry everyone has been sick (but Aaron), he clearly isn't helping out enough with the boys if he is missing out on all of the fun. JK Hope all is well and hopefully I will see you guys soon :)

Michelle said...

I tried to leave a long comment, but it didn't work. Basically I am glad you found my blog, I have been such a slacker lately and it's good to hear what you guys are up to. Sorry everyone has been sick (but Aaron, of course). Hope all is going well with you guys :)