Memorial Day Sunday is a day I always look forward to. We meet up with my mom's side of the family and after visiting graves we usually go to a park for a picnic and some sand volleyball or baseball. I LOVE my mom's side of the family and we always have a great time.
We met at Daxton's Place and after visiting for a little bit and finding out that my brother is engaged-( wahoo! We love Shaylee!!!) we got in our cars to head up to Wellsville. We had just finished belting Zack in when Austin started puking. It was everywhere and the poor kid couldn't stop. I started trying to clean him up and was dry heaving like crazy- it did not smell good. Michelle was still there and was awesome and helped us get him cleaned up and my mom brought some more clothes for him to wear. So we got him all cleaned up and started on our way again. About one minute in he started puking again so we decided to just head home. I was so bummed and upset to miss out, but poor Austin was pale as can be and not feeling good. He threw up two more times on the way home.
Aaron has had a sore throat for about a week and a half and about five minutes before we got home he started really feeling crappy with body aches, head ache, sore throat, and chills. So as soon as we got home he headed to the doctor to see if it was strep or something.
In the meantime I threw Austin in the tub as soon as we got home and Zack wanted to join him so I threw him in there as well. After getting out of the tub Zack thought he was being funny and threw his towel down and was running all over. Then he apparently thought it would really be funny to pee all over the carpet- it wasn't funny! I hurry and got them in their jammies and went to throw all of the puke laundry in the washing machine. While taking Austin's car seat apart Gavin started crying so I thought I would just hurry and get him out of his car seat and put him in the swing hoping he would be happy for a second. Well Gavin had exploded up to his neck so I hurry and cleaned him up and while doing that Austin puked again. So I hurry and stripped Austin down and cleaned him up again and then took Gavin's car seat apart and went to throw everything in the wash when Austin started throwing up again. I got him cleaned up again and got everything in the wash. About that time Aaron got home and was feeling horrible so he crashed on the couch and I went outside and hosed off the car seat and then came in and disinfected it. Then I hurry and got Zack dinner and had to feed Gavin and then finally found time to clean up the pee. Then it was finally bed time. It took everything I had to not break down and sob! I just had to keep telling myself to take a deep breath. It was not the night I was hoping for!
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Serenity Now
Posted by
Heidi
on
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
oh man! that sounds like no fun. Hooray for David! that's awesome. well, I hope your family starts feeling better
That sucks! I feel your pain. We have certainly had our share of inconvenient bodily functions at this house (although not all at the same time). I was just telling my kids the story and they got a good laugh out of the peeing part and the poop explosion. Glad someone can see humor in it.
p.s. When we were kicking around names for our blog, Serenity Now was at the top of the list . . . although Nate thought it should be Insanity Now and I was worried that only Seinfeld fans would get it. :)
That was really me. I don't know what Nate is thinking signing in with HIS Google account!
you make motherhood sound so glamorous. I am sorry you had to deal with all that, hope everyone starts to feel well soon.
all I could think of is the movie "Goonies." Remember when Chunk is confessing his sins and he tells the story of the movie theater!!!
Sorry they are all sick.
I bet you were excited to go back to work. Some days I feel like that. Oh Heidi, I'm soo sorry. You were allowed to break down and sob!!
This sounds like one of those "rites of passage" for moms. I'm so glad you survived!
Yuck, Yuck! I hate it when EVERYTHING goes crazy - and it's just one thing after another - and I just wanna scream, "STOP!" I keep Tide and SHOUT in business, too! ;)
Sounds very eventfull. Your boys are so darling
Wow. Wow. I don't know where to even begin. That's just gross and sad, I guess!
Although...I have to admit that I think it's really funny that you're a nurse, but you get really grossed out (dry heave) with bodily functions. But that honestly deserves a mom's night out at Jake's Shakes.
Wow - that kind of day all you can do is "hold on tight"..... Thank goodness everyday isn't like that..... we'd all shoot ourselves....
Oh what an ordeal! It seems they all have to explode at once. Hope you all are better
Post a Comment