On August 15th David and Shalee got married in the Salt Lake Temple. We had to be at the temple by 7:10 in the morning which was not an easy feat, but it was made much harder by the fact that the only person we had to watch our kids was Angie and she wanted to do it at the temple. It did not make for happy kids since they usually don't even wake up until 8 or later.
The ceremony was of course great. I loved their sealer and his advice.
It was raining and cold (60's) so all 3 kids wanted to be held the whole time during pictures (remember- not happy kids!) so I didn't get any pictures at the temple.
After we went to a luncheon at a church in my parent's stake which was very nice.
Then that evening they had a reception in my parent's yard. Luckily it had stopped raining and was a really nice night. My parents have an amazing yard and I always wanted to have my reception in their yard, but we didn't think our guests would appreciate that in December. My mom made probably 10 or more varieties of yummy cupcakes and they had fruit for their refreshments. I thought it turned out really nice and was beautiful. We are so excited Shalee is a member of our family now! It was a great day except for my kids not getting a nap. We left about 10 and they were asleep right after we got in the car. I don't think they have ever been so exhausted.
The pictures are kind of of random things:
All of their nephews on both sidesMy little studs with their mom
Zack and Austin
The reception
Zack
Neal
Austin
The cute and happy couple
Monday, August 24, 2009
David and Shalee
Posted by
Heidi
on
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I LOVE the orange ties! Your boys, especially Gavin, are looking so big. You should of done a backyard reception in December, with hot chocolate and candy canes :)
Sorry. If I would have known it was going to rain while we were camping, I so would have been here to watch your boys! Think of another reason to have a slumber party in our guest room. It would be fun (and motivate me to clean it). :)
I love the picture of all the nephews and their matching ties. So cute!
What handsome boys! I love the orange ties! The reception looks beautiful.
Post a Comment