Saturday, November 28, 2009

Catch-up

Well I guess I'm far enough behind now that I can start blogging again.
A couple of weeks ago Aaron was taking care of the kids while I slept after working all night. They went outside to rake leaves and had a blast playing.
I LOVE this pictures!
Child labor/Austin helping daddy
Zack helping
Last Friday Aaron's sister Shelley got married. I need to get the pictures of our kids from Nate and Malinda and when I do I'll post them.
Last Saturday was cold so I didn't want to take Gavin to the Ute game, but we couldn't find anyone that could go with Aaron so he decided to take Zack and Austin. They had fun with daddy and I had fun with some one on one time with Gav.
Austin, Zack
For FHE on Monday we made turkeys and wrote on the feathers (fingers) what we were grateful for. I thought I would have to prompt the boys on what to say, but when I asked Zack what he was grateful for he said balls, family, and Jesus. Austin said family and Jesus. I was so shocked that they actually got it. They teach me so much on a daily basis and I'm so grateful to be trusted to be their mom.
After we had these turkeys for our treat. I didn't have the right frosting decorators to do the eyes so they didn't turn out as cute as her's, but they were still fun.
Gavin had cherries for the first time this week and he LOVED them which I was so shocked at. He doesn't really love most fruits, but he can down baby cereal and vegetables. I need to get some pictures of him and all of his new tricks. He has been sitting since the first of September and started army crawling around the first to middle of October. He likes to get up on his knees now and will just rock back and forth, it's so cute. He can also almost get to a sitting position from his belly. A couple of weeks ago he had a cold and was getting 3 new teeth all at once. The poor kid was miserable, but other than wanting to be held a little bit more he was still a good baby as always. He has also decided to follow in his brother's footsteps and had become quite the mama's boy. Whenever I walk in to a room he instantly starts doing this little whine and will start crawling over to me saying ma ma ma. It's nice to be so loved!

4 comments:

Lori said...

your kids are growing up! so cute.

Malinda said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! I've missed you. I love the turkey hands and turkey treats. Very cute. We'll get right on those wedding pics.

Suzanne said...

What are those turkeys made of? I can see oreos, candy corn, & a reese's PB cup, I think...but what else? CUTE & delish!

Heidi said...

Suzanne, there is also a whopper. I put the link to the blog where I found it in the post. If you can't find it just let me know.