Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

I decided to start a new tradition this Halloween and made pumpkin pancakes with apple cider syrup for breakfast. It was so yummy! We will definitely keep making it. Then my poor boys had to endure the wicked witch that day. I was not in a good mood and Aaron had to work so my poor boys bore the brunt of mom. I've been giving them extra pieces of candy to try and make up for it since. :)

That night Aaron and my brother David went to the Utah game so me and my sister-in-law Shalee took the kids trick-or-treating. They had a lot of fun. They were very quiet at the first few houses, but started warming up. Austin and Zack had colds, but luckily they weren't whiny at all. After we had been out for about an hour we went to a couple of homes that had scary music, fog, and talking decorations which totally freaked them out and they were pretty much done. They kept saying, "I'm done, I wantta go home. I scared." So we came home and had potato soup in pumpkin bread bowls. The day ended up turning out really nice. Thank heavens for kids who forgive fast and love their mom no matter what.
My cuddly bear
Austin and Zack are still obsessed with Toy Story and they both wanted to be Woody. I debated about talking one of them in to being Buzz, but then decided I didn't want a fight Halloween night when one of them freaked out because they wanted to be what the other was. So Woody it was.
Zack
Austin
Austin, Gavin, ZackAustin and Zack kept throwing leaves on Gavin while I was trying to get these pictures and Gavin decided he had enough and threw his arms in the air. I love it because he looks like a little bear doing it.

11 comments:

Malinda said...

I love the pictures. What cute boys! The vests turned out great. Good work!

Chelle said...

Halloween is stressful isn't it! It's a tough job being a mommy sometimes. Their costumes are sure cute and I'm sure they're happy with the extra candy to make up for a grumpy mom! :)

Adrianne said...

very cute! Glad you guys had fun!

Heidi said...

Very cute costumes! I think the pumpkin pancakes sound yummy. What a good idea!

kristina said...

Oh my heck, they all look so stinking cute.

Laura said...

Adorable pictures! I'm glad the day turned out fun in the end. Your food traditions sound delicious!

Kristin said...

The boys look so cute!

BKC said...

So cute!! I love your rationale for letting them both be Woody. So true.

Suzanne said...

Those sure are cute pics - but you worked HARD to get them - I could hear you outside that day trying to call Gavin's name & trill your tongue, etc...to get their attention. :)

Erika said...

What cuties!

mommy princess said...

Next year post those recipes. I'd love to try them. Your boys are all so adorable. I think you're super mom!