I was really hoping that this would be the first year that Zack and Austin would be healthy on their birthdays, but I will have to hope for next year. Zack was feeling mostly better from his cold, but Austin had a really rough day. I felt really bad for him. I'm glad they at least aren't to the age where they realize it sucks to not feel good on your birthday.
After they woke up I went downstairs to get them balloons. We copy my bro and sis-in-law and give them a balloon for every year they are. When I came up the stairs with all of their balloons and we sang happy birthday to them they got so excited. It was really cute. Then we let them open their presents and they LOVED that. Zack is much faster at opening presents so Austin saw everything they were getting from Zack because his presents were always opened a minute later. Their favorite was probably the Toy Story action figures that they got.Despite me also not feeling well I still had to decorate 2 dinosaur cakes. Sometimes it really sucks to be a mom especially when you don't feel good and you have to get things done. I do not have the talent that some people like Malinda have when it comes to cake decorating, but at least I made the effort right? Austin wanted green and Zack picked blue.
That night we decided to go to my parent's even though we didn't feel good, but it was really nice because then I didn't have to make dinner. Thanks Dad! They got spoiled by my family and had a lot of fun up there playing. My mom gave them these dinosaurs and Austin got so excited when he saw it.
Zack cheesing for the camera.
Neal was so cute. He was opening these motorcycles for them. I felt bad that he had to sit there and watch them open presents and he didn't get any. It's a good thing it's close to Christmas.
Lucky for me, my boys are not harsh critics and they loved their cakes. They kept saying, "Thanks, Mom" and telling me that it was yummy.
Austin is such a fun adventurous boy. He is very independent and likes to do everything himself. He loves to tackle and wrestle and loves all sports. He also likes dinosaurs and cars. He loves to play outside and usually is the one to try things first. He is still a mommy's boy (which I love). He always does this cute little squinty smile to me and likes to follow me around everywhere. He is such a good brother to Zack and Gavin. He is such a sweet boy and I love him so very much!
Zack is a fun loving boy! He can be quite the little dare devil and is a wild man. He is also very compassionate and caring. He is always concerned about where Austin is and if I get hurt he always asks me if I need it kissed better. He loves Gavin and is very protective of him. He also loves to tackle and wrestle and loves sports. Their nursery leader came up to me a couple of months ago and was so excited that he had found a ball that they didn't know what it was- it was a hackey sack. He also likes dinosaurs and cars and is a mommy's boy. I love this little boy so much!
I'm so grateful for my 2 little boys! I love you Austin and Zack!

1 comment:
The cakes look great! You did a good job. I love your paragraphs describing the boys. We sure love them too.
Post a Comment