Friday, January 22, 2010

2010 Resolutions

I wasn't going to make any resolutions this year because I didn't accomplish some of mine from last year and so I wondered if I was just setting myself up for disappointment by setting them. Then I had a little chat with my sister-in-law and she helped me to see that if I don't set any goals then I'm not accomplishing anything, but if I do set some goals then maybe I'll at least accomplish some of them. So to review some of last year's goals:

  • run the Wasatch Back- I didn't end up running this because I didn't feel like I could leave Gavin yet. I'm fine with not doing this goal because I felt like I made the right decision and hopefully I'll get another chance to run it again.
  • learn how to digital scrapbook- done! I know I still have more to learn, but so far I'm loving what I know how to do.
  • finish boys NICU scrapbooks- didn't even start these, but hopefully I'll get to it this year.
  • organize storage room- done! After at least 8 car loads to the DI and even more garbage we can walk in our storage room and actually use it and it's so nice!
  • return to pre-pregnancy weight by the time Gavin is 10 months- done!
  • Finish Christmas sewing projects- still working on them.
So that's 50%. Better than nothing, right?

Now for 2010 goals-
  • Run half marathon- I'm signed up for the Ogden, now if my foot would just get better so I can start training.
  • Paint kitchen
  • Redo kitchen cabinets
  • Sew new curtains for kitchen
  • Finish Christmas sewing projects
  • Scrapbooks for kids
  • Read 1-2 books a month
  • Learn to manage time better- any tips or help on this would be much appreciated
  • Read scriptures every day
  • Morning and evening prayers
Here's to a new year!

7 comments:

Malinda said...

Way to go! I want to see your digital scrapbook pages. I'm still debating buying the software.

Katie said...

Wow, I've got to make some goals. Hmmm, maybe I'll make making goals my resolution. Heh. Way to go on the half marathon goal! Honestly, not too many people can say they've done that.
I noticed you forgot to put on "visiting our friends in New York" on there. Don't worry, you can fix it. :) Miss you guys!

Adrianne said...

Those are all good goals! you need to teach me how to digital scrapbook! I want to learn!!

Erika said...

Great goals! Good luck with the marathon training and the kitchen cabinets!

mrs. jar said...

Heidi, I just wanted to leave you a quick note to tell you thank you so much for your concern, your comments and your prayers. You are so great! On a different note, your boys are adorable! I love the pictures and am inspired by all your goals. I need to go do that too! Anyway, thanks again!

Laura said...

Way to go! That's impressive. It's a lot more than I can say for meeting new years resolutions, partly because I don't usually set them. But like you said, I should since otherwise I don't work toward anything.
Also, I just wanted to make sure you know that it was nothing personal that I didn't sit by you on Saturday. I wanted to make sure everyone else got in since we were the very last ones there,and then I didn't realize there was room up front. Adam told me afterward. Sorry to leave you all alone up there.

Suzanne said...

Way to go on getting to your pre-pregnancy weight! I made it there by my post-partum check up....and then I went back UP! :(