Saturday, November 10, 2012

My baby is 6 months!

I can't believe Hannah is already 6 months!  She is such a blessing to our family!  She is the sweetest, most content baby I've ever seen.  It is rare when she cries and so when she does I have a really hard time not holding her, even when it's night and she's supposed to be sleeping. 
She is still behind on her development and her Pediatrician is talking about doing an MRI if things don't get better.  We are all really hoping that she's behind because she's so content and not because there is something wrong!
On September 17th she had an assisted roll over from her belly to her back for the first time.  If I get her half way there she can do it.  On October 22nd she rolled over twice from her belly to her back all by herself, but she hasn't done it again since then.
She got her first tooth (it's her bottom left front one) on November 6th.  It's awfully cute, but since she's been a biter while nursing from the day she was born I'm not loving it!

She loves her brothers and they LOVE her!  She gets no breathing room when they're around and they fight every day over who gets to hold her first.
She has really bad eczema so her Pediatrician had me go off dairy and we are trying a new lotion.  Good for her, but bad for me it seems to be working so far.  I miss chocolate!
She is just barely starting to fit in to newborn shoes.  I can't believe how little her feet and hands are. 
Her hair stands at least a good 4 inches off her head now.
I get stopped every single time she leaves the house by people who can't get over how cute she is and I have to agree!
We started feeding her baby food.  Her first food was applesauce.  To say that she dislikes eating food would be an understatement!  She never opens her mouth for a single bite and just clamps her little lips together as tight as she possible can.  It is so frustrating!  We have to pry her mouth open just to get food in there and then she just pushes it all out with her tongue or gags on it.  If it wasn't for the fact that I felt like I got chastised at her last appointment for not feeding her very much I would have probably quit trying.
She found her tongue a couple of weeks ago and she is hilarious to watch.  She will stick it out and then just sit there and play with it and stroke it like she's petting a dog.  If Aaron touches her lips she will stick her tongue out like she wants him to play with it.  She is such a funny girl.
She also loves to play with her hands.  She will intertwine her fingers or make a perfect U (which makes Aaron very proud) and just sit there and watch her fingers.  

I love her more than I would think is possible!
I decided to try putting her in the jumparoo to see if she would like it, but she couldn't reach the floor so her dad put some blankets underneath to help.
I don't know why we got so lucky to have this sweet, beautiful, amazing girl, but I will forever be grateful that she's mine!  We love you Hannah banana!
6 month stats:
Length:    24 1/2 in.    15%
Weight:    14 lbs. 12.5 oz.    25%
Head Circ.    41.4 cm.    20%
Petite and Perfect!

1 comment:

Malinda said...

I love how stubborn she looks in that second picture. She is a doll!