Friday, February 15, 2008

The Good and the Bad

For being in quarantine and not going anywhere since November our boys have been sick an awful lot this winter. If nothing else it proves to us that our boys are definitely high risk and I'm really grateful they are at least getting Synagis ($6000 a month for shots isn't that much money, is it?). With all that said Zack decided to start having fevers of around 103 on Sunday and they have continued through today and Austin decided to join in the fun on Tuesday, we've had a fun week! Their pediatrician Dr. Clawson is stumped and so are we. We have had to go to the doctor and the hospital for blood work, x-rays, and other tests everyday this week except Tuesday and we still haven't figured out what's going on. One of the good things about all of this is Aaron stayed home from work on Wednesday and took a half day Thursday to help me. Another is Austin and Zack have only wanted to cuddle lately which is hard with two because they don't like me to hold them at the same time and they haven't really wanted Aaron, but I do love cuddling with them!



With our fun week me and Aaron decided to not do anything for Valentine's; I should have known though because everytime me and Aaron have decided to not do anything he always still does things and makes me look bad. So when I woke up yesterday he had cards from him and ones the boys had made me in our doorway so I would see them first thing. Then he had put little Spiderman valentine's (he claimed that's what the boys picked) all through the house so I would find them all day with sweet messages from him and the boys. He is wonderful! I love you Aaron!!

8 comments:

Erika said...

I am sorry your boys are so sick. I hope they get feeling better.

To answer your questions about formatting a blog there are a couple ways. If you don't want to deal with html code, you can go to website with templates like http://www.pyzam.com/bloggertemplates.

If you want to make your own, you can get free paper downloads at sites such as http://shabbyprincess.com/downloads.asp and then you can upload the paper you want to the web using something like google's free web tool at pages.google.com. It will create a web address for the paper that you can insert in your code on your blog. You can email me if you have questions.

Marrelli's said...

Heidi- I am so sorry to hear that the biys have been sick. That is never fun. They are cute as ever if that makes up for anything!! When they get feeling better and all please call us- We would love to see you guys and the boys! Take Care- Oh and if you ever need any help please call :)

Kristin said...

Sweet little Mommy's boys!

That is sweet what Aaron did for you. He's a good hubby.

Katie said...

That stinks, Heidi. Both Josh and I've had the flu, and it stinks, but having high temps the whole week and not knowing why has got to be really hard for you guys. We'll keep you in our prayers.

By the way, what Aaron did was really cute. Doesn't it make everything better sometimes?

Malinda said...

What's up with that?!?! I was going to call you yesterday to see if Zack's fever was gone, but I thought for sure it would be. That is just crazy that it's not going away. Did your doctor rule out Kawasakis? I'm guessing he never developed any of the other symptoms. We'll be sure to remember your boys in our prayers.

p.s. I'm impressed that you still have cute hair on days when your kids are sick!

Lori said...

hey heidi, this is lori larsen from high school, i found your blog through christy's and ryan's. sorry to hear about your little boys! were they preemie? i'm grateful for synagis, but seriously, can it BE any more expensive? and you get to pay it twice over... yikes. it's fun to catch up on you and aaron. we have a family blog, too, it's vlastonfamily.com good to "see" you again!!

BKC said...

Poor babies! I hope things are looking up from here...It will be so nice when the weather is better outside. maybe the little ones will stop getting sick!

Blake said...

In regards to your comment about us being ready for another baby, Not a chance. In fact watching Owen is hard enough. Everyone needs to join me in putting their hands together to applaud Heidi and Aaron for having two babies. When I get frustrated because Owen doesn't want to be put down, I imagine Zack and Austin taking every last scintilla of time away from you. I don't know how you two do it, but you are amazing for it.