To all of you runners, exercisers, or just anyone, I need music. I have music on my iPod that I run with, but some of it is just not good running music and I am clueless about what music would be good. So I am wondering what music you all run to or exercise to or that you just listen to that has a good beat and will inspire me to run and maybe even run faster. I'm open to any suggestions!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Some songs I like to exercise to (the edited versions):
Stronger-Kanye West
Toxic-Britney Spears (my favorite one for running)
Do It-Nelly Furtado ft. Missy Elliot
Rich Girl-Gwen Stefani
Without Me-Eminem
My Humps-Black Eyed Peas
Sexyback-Justin Timberlake
Barracuda-Fergie (another really good one for running)
ABBA
OKay so here's a couple that I like to run to (although I am embarrassed to think about how long it's been since I've ran...I must start that up again one of these days) Some are embarrassing...but they really pump me up (ha ha)
Flower - Moby
Lose Yourself (EDITED :)_)- Eminem (that's one I'm slightly embarrassed about)
Fighter - Christina Aguilera (okay maybe I'm embarrassed about that too)
Okay so now those are the only 3 I can think of....I'll see if I can think of any others.
oooh... we just created a 4.5 hour mix for our marathon training. i will email it to you. i'm totally diggin' it.
Yellowcard, All American Rejects, Good Charlotte. That's what I have on my iPod, and what I WOULD listen to IF I ran...
Here is music that gets me pumped:
Musical Scores - (E.G. Pirates, Brave heart, LOT Mohican,LOTRings, etc.)
Anything that ends with -tallica.
Those delicious black eyed peas.
I second Kayla's embarresment with Eminem.
Santana gets me going.
Creed is also a good selection for running.
Final word: Check out all the soundtracks you can from the library (except Spiderman, one word "LAME")
*This is not an attempt by the author to deceive anyone to think I run a lot. Any comment listed should be understood hypothetically as if I did run all the time. Author's advice is not subject to warranties (express or implied) regarding reader's enjoyability of use of music with the exception of the soundtracks which the author has offered an express offer of enjoyability. As with any other activity, running should be attempted with full mental participation and author is not liable for injury caused by over enjoyment of music leading to negligent runner's contact with cars, posts, bushes, residential homes, brothels, etc.
I am one of those boring people who doesn't run with music (my mp3 player just sits around and collects dust), so I don't have any suggestions. It looks like others have given you some good options.
Post a Comment