Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Cleaning

It seems like every blog I read right now is talking about spring cleaning and I must admit when I've read them my only thought has been that it would be nice to have a clean house, but with my two little rugrats I didn't see that ever happening. Then I was reading one of my favorite blogs www.momadvice.com/blog/ and she has a great idea for spring cleaning. She has suggested to pick one room in your house (this week is the kitchen) and then pick seven one hour tasks and do one each day (I will do two one day so I don't have to do anything on Sunday) to make it manageable. Today the task was cleaning out your fridge which I have needed to do for a long time and I am happy to say that I finally have a clean fridge. It did take me about 1 1/2 hours, but I am also a slow cleaner because I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and my fridge was absolutely disgusting! If you are feeling overwhelmed you should check out her blog or just check it out anyways because it's really good (at least I think so).

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Great idea, thanks for the website.

Kristin said...

That's a good idea, I always feel like I can't get really detailed in cleaning the kitchen because it takes too long, so I end up just cleaning the counters so it looks nice. I'm going to try that starting tomorrow. Thanks Heidi.

Ashley said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I keep thinking I need to clean my house really well now because our baby is coming in about 2 1/2 weeks and you know nothing gets done with a new baby. I'm going to start tomorrow! Thanks Heidi!

Ashley said...

So, I just read Kristin's comment AFTER I sent mine, I guess we think alike!

Trever and Heather said...

Funny- I'm cleaning out my fridge tomorrow, and it was decided even before reading this post!

We have an open house on Saturday and I'm furiously cleaning things that I've never cleaned since moving in. It stinks.

Katie said...

Why do you have to post things like this, Heidi? I was fine with the "clean on the surface" situation we are in...until you mention the idea to do a deep clean. Haha, maybe I'll start today so we can all do it together.

The Killer Bunch said...

I'm am so glad to hear that someone struggles with getting a clean house. I'd like to think I am a very clean and tighty person but if you were to see me house you wouldn't think so. I'd have to clean every hour to keep things organized but then I'd go crazy and miss out on other fun things.

BKC said...

Hey! I'm posting on this a little late but thanks for your post on my vaccine soapbox. I believe you and I could go on and on about that subject but it's good to hear your take on it!! We're working on our house right now, when it's done in a few weeks I want to have everyone over!!