Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Card Work-out

I found this work-out on the internet that I like to do on days like today that are windy and rainy and I can't go running with the boys. It's also nice for vacation or somewhere you might be staying that you can't go to a gym or don't want to because all you need is a deck of cards.

Here is the way it works:
Draw 5 cards.
Add up the numbers on the cards.
Do that many jumping jacks, crunches and push-ups.
Rest for that many seconds.
Draw 5 more cards.
Repeat the process until you work through the whole deck.

Caution: You may not be able to do your hair or lift your kids for a couple of days after. Do at your own risk.

Let me know if any of you try this and what you think. I also didn't think it sounded that bad when I first heard it, but you will be amazed at how good it works you!

7 comments:

Lori said...

oh, this inspires me. i'm totally doing it tonight. i'm also going to give it a shout on out "tres amigas"

Lori said...

doin' it.

Malinda said...

You go girl! I'm sure you can guess the odds that I will try that out. :)

Did you watch Aaron's twin win American Idol?

Erin said...

Heidi I love your workout idea..and your cute boys! When are you going to start running with us

BKC said...

Good idea! I am sick of my excuse of bad weather for not exercising. I will try it out.

Katie said...

That is a really good idea...hmmm, I'm thinking I might do it! That is so true, though, that David Cook is Aaron's twin...funny.

Starley Family said...

Interesting...I might have to give it a shot...