We got home last Friday night from a week long vacation to Newport Coast, California. It was beautiful there and we had a great time with all of my family. I've been to the ocean quite a few times, but I totally fell in love with it this time, when I have a few million we are definitely moving to a beach house. We found the most perfect beach on Saturday with beautiful soft sand, great waves, not very many people, and dolphins and whales! Yes, you heard me right as we were getting ready to leave we saw 3 dolphins swimming and 2 whales. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen! Here is some video of it:
Austin got sick the day before we left, then Zack got sick the day after we got there so all they wanted to do was be held. Aaron had a great time body surfing and I enjoyed watching him, Angie, and Dave and listening to the ocean.


It was my parent's 29th anniversary while we there and they wanted to spend it with us. We were glad and had a great time with them!
Steve and Dave playing/wrestling with all of the boys.

Austin and Zack were so funny and they climbed in to these drawers with Neal and had a blast playing in there.

We went to an Angels game and watched them beat the Orioles. It was tons of fun, especially since my parents volunteered to watch the boys. Do you think Matt and Aaron look alike?
On Monday we rode across a ferry to Balboa Island which is man-made. We walked around the island and looked in some of the stores. We also had frozen bananas because that is where they originated from. They were pretty good, but overrated!
On Tuesday we went to an Aquarium in Long Beach. It was fun to see all of the fish, sea lions, and other marine animals. The boys loved watching the fish and the sharks swim around.

Then Tuesday night we went and saw Wicked and Steve and Mandy were awesome and volunteered to watch our boys. That play is amazing! If you haven't seen it yet you should go! Both me and Aaron are already planning when we are going to go see it again, I've been wanting to see it for years and it was even better than I thought it would be.
Unfortunately the boys passed some of their germ love on and me and Neal got sick on Wednesday, but we still managed to have a good time. We went to a Farmer's Market and then went on a walk to Crystal Cove beach that was less than 1/2 mile from where we were staying. I got to go for a run on the beach (that is a serious calf workout!) and we had fun watching the birds and being by the ocean.

On Thursday Angie watched all of the boys while the rest of us went and did a session at the Newport Temple. The temple was of course beautiful and gave us all a lot of comfort. I'm so grateful for eternal families and the knowledge I will see Daxton again and that Michelle and Matt will have their baby!
We went back to Laguna Beach after and Zack and Austin finally decided they liked the sand and had a ball playing and getting covered from head to toe in sand. It was great watching the ocean throw the guys all around and they a great time playing in the waves. As we were leaving we saw at least 5 dolphins again, it was so funny they were teasing the birds and kept chasing after them. That beach was awesome!!
We had a great time and we really miss the ocean. Thanks Mom, Dad, and everyone for a ton of fun! BTW I read The Host by Stephenie Meyer on the way home, for all of you Twilight fans and everyone else it is so good! You should all go buy a copy right away, thanks Steve, Mandy, and Neal for the great birthday present!

12 comments:
YAY for a fun trip! That looks like a great time, don't you love traveling with family? Seriously. I totally love it.
And a beach workout? Sister, running in sand is H.A.R.D. kudos to you. We should give you access to our blog so you can do a guest post about it. :)
Great post! I still can't believe you saw dolphins and whales that close. I'm jealous. I have to say that the audio on the clip is just as entertaining as the video. :)
Matt and Aaron do look alike, but do you know who really reminds me of Aaron? David Cook on American Idol. I say it every time we watch it, but I never remember to tell you when I talk to you. It is partly looks and a lot in his mannerisms/expressions. If you aren't regular viewers, you should watch the finals just to see if you think I am crazy.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your vacation stories. I love the picture of your boys playing in the sand. It's super cute!
Wow, what an amazing trip. That is so cool you saw whales and dolphins so close. I love the picture of the boys playing in the sand. You are so good to exercise while on vacation. Running in the sand is so hard!
What a fun trip! The boys are so cute. I am jealous that you got to see Wicked. I really want to see it!
Sounds like a great vacation, I love taking trips with extended family. I really want to go to the beach now.
We went to alot of those same places last year. Matt's aunt has a cabin in Lake Arrowhead and a condo at Laguna Beach. It was alot of fun. It looks like you had a great time!
Your pictures of the beach are awesome. How cool is it that you saw all those dolphins and whales? Makes me want to ditch out on life for a while and relax at the beach! I'm glad you all had a fun time, you totally deserve it!!!
p.s. thanks for your support and friendship, just knowing you're there helps!
I just showed Ben your video. He said "No fair! Why didn't we get to see whales? . . . maybe next year. We should save our money." (glad the whole delayed gratification thing is sinking in).
He was very impressed!
I love going to fun places with all my family. I love Utah but a beach would make it that much better!
P.S. Glad you had such a great time. :)
Wow, longest post ever! Looks like you had a blast, I know I could sure use a vacation. Wicked is AMAZING, but you'll have to see it here in New York on Broadway! Even better! Jk.
What truly amazes me is that Aaron is up to speed on his whale species. In an instant he just knew what they were! How cool is that though, seeing whales and dolphins...
That was so fun to read, I'm glad you guys had fun. Yeah, Wicked is amazing, isn't it? I can't believe you went running in sand!!! You're crazy, girl! Miss you guys so much, but no worries, we're coming out to play the end of June. Hang on until then, right? :)
Post a Comment