Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

We had a great fourth of July, it all started with me running the Cherry Days 5k with Katie. The race went okay, the course was a lot of uphill and I have been sick, but thanks to Katie (she kept me going faster than I would have run if I was by myself) our official finish time was 29:26 (although my Nike Plus said 29:01). Now I'm just trying to figure out a way to get her to move by me instead of going back to New York, I would love a running friend!


Then we went to the parade with Aaron's brother's family. Their kids were so cute and kept bringing us and the boys candy, they were very good to share.


All Austin wanted to do was kick, step on, or throw the candy. He could've cared less about picking it up.


Zack just wanted to sit on our laps, he refused to pick up the candy. Oh well, maybe next year.


Then we all went back to my parent's and had some yummy Pizza Man for lunch and went swimming. It was so fun to play with our nieces and nephew and Zack and Austin loved the water!

No, Aaron doesn't have a new wife (at least I don't think so), I just needed a big change to get out of frumpy mode.



Then we all had much needed naps and that evening we went to my aunt and uncle's for croquet and to watch the fireworks from Weber High. The boys loved the fireworks, even though Zack was so tired he almost fell asleep during them and Austin was hyped up on sugar and kept oohing and aahing. We hope everyone had a Happy Fourth as well!

A couple more cute pictures:
Austin found a new way to eat, who needs hands or silverware?


6 comments:

Josh and Leslie said...

Cute new hairdo! It is nice for a change sometimes! My phone was broke and off for a few days until I could get a new one so I didn't even know about a party until after! Oh well, I don't think we could have come that night anyway, but thanks for the invite!

Katie said...

Okay, so I really like your hair, and I really appreciate that you make it sound like I was pushing you in the race....what a good friend!!

That's funny about Austin oohing and aahhing. Adults can be funny when tired, but kids take the cake!

Jodi B. said...

Love the new hair and great job on your race!

Kristin said...

I like your haircut, very cute. I am jealous that you have such determination to run, I am such a wuss. I can't even use Owen as an excuse since you all have 2 babies and still do it!

Heidi said...

Congrats on the race. I wish I was a runner. Who knows, maybe after the baby. Your hair is very cute by the way. Next time you get together with the high school group, you'll have to let me know. It looks like fun.

The Killer Bunch said...

Heidi you are looking lean and mean in that bathingsuit. I don't know if my last message got through but I wanted to give you a big thanks for organizing that get-together. If it wasn't for your determination and patience, I would never see the old gang. Thanks a bunch, you're great.