If you are tired of hearing about my sick kids then just stop reading now. For those who are still reading, Zack has had a fever of 103 since Monday so we made the familiar trip to the pediatrician this morning. He had some pretty impressive swollen lymph nodes so she tested him for strep and since that came back negative we were off to the hospital for blood work. Three pokes later and Zack sweating from crying so hard they finally got the blood. So we were on our way home; after being home for a short hour I got a call that his white blood cell count was high so we were on our way back to the hospital to make sure that there was no pneumonia. By that point the moment the poor kid saw the x-ray table he just started screaming. (This second round to the hospital was during the much needed nap time.) After an incredibly long wait at the hospital we were on our way back to the doctor's office because they were giving Zack a shot of an antibiotic. We got to wait for a good 45 minutes for them to draw up the medication (can you say frustrating!). Then the poor kid had to be poked again. By the time we got home we had been gone for 7 hours!!! I am exhausted- it doesn't help that neither kid slept at all last night. Hopefully they are just as tired as me and we will all enjoy a good sleep tonight!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
oh goodness! geeez, i'm sorry! i hope things are okay. i hope your kiddos sleep alright tonight!
Holy crap! Poor kid and poor you! I am sorry to hear that you had to go through that ordeal. We wish him a speedy recovery and all of you a good long nap!
That makes me want to cry for you/Zack! Did they figure out what was wrong? I can't believe you remembered to call Emily and wish her a happy birthday after all of that. You get triple bonus points for being a good aunt!
poor little guys!! i'm so sorry!! you're in my prayers. let me know if i can do anything!! if i lived closer i'd at least make you dinner!!
Seriously, you are an amazing mom. I think I would be in the crazy house after dealing with all that. I hope everyone recovers and gets some well deserved sleep.
Oh man, Heidi. I'm sorry. It's got to be so frustrating to be taking your kids in all the time for being sick. Have the doctors ever said anything about their immune systems being weak or anything? I'm sure you would know too. It just seems like you guys are always dealing with something yucky.
I heard a neat saying this week. When things seem as if they can't get any worse things start to go right. I really hope that comes true for your little boys.
Post a Comment