On Friday we headed up to Park City for a long weekend with my family. Kirstin Roper met us up there in the afternoon to do our family pictures, she found some great places and I can't wait to get them.
Saturday morning Aaron, my dad, Steve, and Dave all went fishing up at Trial Lake, the rest of us left when the kids woke up to go meet them and play at the lake. While we were getting the kids all loaded in the car Austin threw up so I hurry and ran in the hotel and got some towels to clean him and the car seat up and some extra clothes. After getting him cleaned up we were on our way, we were probably about 1/2 mile from the hotel when in my mom's words "he erupted" so we pulled over in a parking lot and I proceeded to again clean him and his car seat up. At that point we should have definitely just gone back to the hotel, but everybody was riding with us and we had gone to the trouble of moving Neal and Henry's car seats in to our car so I didn't want to ruin everyone's fun and decided to just deal with it. Lucky Angie was sitting in between my boys and got to be the one to catch the throw up two more times and clean him up. We didn't remember how to get there for sure so after a bit of a detour and driving for almost two hours we finally got there. The boys were all packed up and leaving when we pulled up, it was so windy and freezing! After 4 throw ups and 2 hours of being crammed in the car we just turned around and drove back to the hotel where I got to do laundry and wash the car seat. Although thankfully that was the last of the throw ups. We did a lot of relaxing, playing games and swimming up there which is always nice. It does suck though to not be able to hot tub (because of being pregnant) when it's so cold at night!
Sunday we tried to go to church, but for some reason every time we try to go up there it's Stake Conference. We went on a nice long walk with our boys instead and let them throw rocks and have fun playing.
Monday we went swimming (we swam everyday) and then Matt and Aaron went and played tennis while me and Michelle finished the bags. Then we went to the outlets and headed home. We had a fun weekend, but wish we could have stayed longer.
The boys loved swimming or in Zack's words finning and one of there favorite activities for the trip was doing bubbles with Grandma. She has been nicknamed Grandma Bubbles and if I say her name at all Zack will come up to me saying bubbles. Neal and Henry shared some germ love so our boys came home with colds, but so far I've only had to do one breathing treatment so hopefully it won't turn in to any thing worse. I also started having a lot of Braxton Hick's contractions up there which makes both of us a little nervous, how early did any of you women start having them? Is it normal for me to already be having them, they started when I was about 18 1/2 weeks. Thanks Mom and Dad for a fun trip!!
Austin, Zack, and Neal playing in the tub after swimming
They have these carts for bringing your luggage in and out, our boys loved them! Every time we walked past one the boys would immediately go and sit on it hoping for a ride.
Bonding time with my dad.

4 comments:
There's nothing like kids throwing up in the car. Yuck! It sounds like you were a trooper about it. Good work. It certainly sounds like a memorable trip.
I clicked on your photographer's link and she already has your pictures up on her blog. Very cute. I love the boys' sweaters.
Those bags you made are really fun. I love your family pictures! I went to your photographer's blog and looked at them. You are looking cute with your baby belly.
Hey Heidi, thanks for the link! It looks like you had a fun weekend in Park City! I hope you like all the pictures. Let me know if there are any changes you want made to any of them, like making them black and white, or head swaps, or anything! Thanks again!
What a great idea to write the year and what they were for Halloween...since all the kids want me to tell them their whole halloween life history..."What was I when I was 1? What was I when I was 2?..." and it's just too much to ask for my brain, sometimes. Good thing I have scrapbooks - but I'm 2 1/2 yrs. behind, so I don't have the answers for that time frame! :)
Post a Comment