Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We had a GREAT Christmas this year! Zack woke up before Austin which is usually what happens (Austin is definitely like me with sleeping where Zack is like Aaron) so we gave Austin about a half hour before we decided to just wake him up. Zack was really excited when he saw the big wheel that Santa brought him and immediately ran over to it and started saying Vroom and riding it, but Austin was really struggling to wake up and probably sat on my lap for about 5 minutes before he would even look around. They both love their big wheels and I can't wait for warm weather so they can ride them outside. They also got magna doodles, books, clothes, bubbles, puzzles, and a few other toys. They were a lot of fun this year and loved opening presents, but after their birthday they didn't care quite as much about opening them so we had to bribe them and open up quite a bit for them. I think Aaron is concerned about all of the weight I have been gaining because I got 7 work-out dvd's and a running watch. :) Or it could just be that he is a good husband and knew that I wanted all of that stuff, I can't wait to start working out again!!! I also got a roasting pan and some other dvd's and Aaron got a snowboarding pass, a new game that's like speed Scrabble (it's a lot of fun!), and a few other random things.
Zack
Austin
After presents we had a yummy breakfast of cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs, and oranges. Then we stopped by Aaron's parents for a little while. The boys got some fun books and cute stick horses with a few other toys.
Then we went over to my parent's where we again got very spoiled! My parents do an amazing job every year of getting us all the perfect presents! My dad surprised all of the boys with these incredible rocking horses that my dad made. Austin and Zack love them!!
Then my mom surprised all of her kids with scrapbooks that she made for us. My parents are both so talented and I'm so grateful for all of the thoughtfulness that they put in to their presents for us! They also gave us all food processors, clothes, and books.
The boys had a blast wrestling and playing in the mountains of wrapping paper after and they were pretty fun to watch. That was one of my favorite memories of Daxton last year, he went crazy in the wrapping paper. We missed him more than I can put in to words, but were grateful knowing that he was spending his Christmas with Christ. I'm so grateful for this time of year so we can remember all that we have to be grateful for and the real reasons we have to celebrate. I can't wait until we get to see him again, we love you Dax!
That night we drove home in one of the worst blizzards I've seen, but after almost 3 times the amount it normally takes we made it home safe. We have had a great week being able to spend so much time with our family!

5 comments:

Malinda said...

Cute pictures. Abby would fit in well with you and Austin. We had to wake her up on Christmas morning and she was not thrilled about it.

What is the game that is like speed scrabble? Nate would love something like that.

Anonymous said...

I love the hot wheels. Sounds like you had a great Christmas, they get better each year with more kids!

Erika said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas! Those rocking horses are amazing. I love handmade gifts.

Heidi said...

The game is called Bananagrams. I don't like Scrabble, but I really like this game.

Heidi said...

What a fun Christmas! How are you feeling? Your boys are so cute!