Bed rest SUCKS!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful that the baby hasn't been born yet and that everything is still going well. I'm also very grateful for everyone that has been so helpful, we are very blessed! But I'm going crazy! I don't know how much longer I can stand laying here and feeling so worthless. Not to mention how much I'm not enjoying watching others do my housework and take care of my kids! From the day my boys were born I've never wanted any help taking care of them or my house. I know that others are very capable, I just like things done a certain way. If anyone is bored please feel free to do a post on your blog, call, or come and visit! It's going to be a very long few weeks!!!
Friday night the boys got to move to their new room and sleep in their new beds. I can't believe they are old enough to sleep in beds! I thought for sure they would be up for an hour playing and I was totally prepared to just close their door and let them play until they fell asleep, but I didn't count on the fact that they would both be sick. As soon as we left their room they both got out of bed and were trying to open their door while crying. Being the push over mom I can be I started worrying about how they were probably scared because it was such a big change and on top of that they didn't feel good. So we ended going back in their room several times to lay with them and sing to them and we would get them to sleep, but as soon as we would leave they would wake up and it would start all over. Finally, the last time Aaron told me I wasn't allowed to come in with him because apparently I make them more upset because they both just want mommy. So Aaron went in there and got them both to sleep and this time they stayed that way. It only took 1 1/2 hours total, I didn't feel like that was to bad for the first night.Austin had a lot harder time, but I think it's because he was feeling a little worse than Zack. Look at that cute face!
Zack ready to be a big boy!
I was really worried about their naps on Saturday, but I just went and layed them down and sang them a song and after playing for a few minutes they were asleep within about 15 minutes. Last night they were asleep within a couple of minutes, I can't believe how well it's gone so far! The only complaint I have is that usually if they would wake up early in the morning or after about an hour from their nap they would just lay in their cribs and usually fall back asleep, but now that they can get out of beds they are awake and ready to go so they have been waking up at least an hour earlier in the morning and yesterday's nap only lasted about an 1 1/2. I'm hoping that gets better with time. Last night at about 3:30 I woke up to hear the little pitter patter of feet in the hall. After calling out to them, Zack came walking in our room. He was asleep almost the instant I pulled him in our bed and didn't even stir when I carried him back in to his bed. He's still figuring out his new found independence. Here are some cute pictures of where I found them asleep during their naps yesterday. I still haven't figured out what I'm doing for bedding so those are their temporary blankets.
Austin climbed back in to his bed after playing.We put sleeping bags on the floor in between their beds in case they fell out of bed. So far they haven't fallen out, but Zack apparently thought they looked more comfortable than his bed.
These boys are growing up way to fast!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Bed rest and Big boy beds
Posted by
Heidi
on
Sunday, February 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Heidi- They are so darling! Their beds are to cute- where did you get them?? Anyway we need to get together sometime- I know you are on bed rest but let me know if you need anything :) Also can't wait to hear about the new baby!
That's pretty great that they're doing so well with their beds. It's crazy to think of all the adjustments kids go through around this age-getting off bottles or binkies, being weaned from moms, going from cribs to beds, potty training, etc, etc. I feel like once we've gotten used to our new routine, Josh is ready for the next step.
I'm so sorry about bed rest! That has got to be really hard. What is it like, do you have to be in bed or can you mainly sit on the couch get up to walk around? I'll give you a call, and we'll fill up some of your free time!
Wow, the room looks awesome! I love your paint scheme. You are great! I hope things are going okay with bed rest.
Boy Heidi, if I were you I would pick up Halo again. Those were fun days! I can't believe how big they are. Way to go on getting them to go to bed!
I can't believe they are so big!! I love the pictures and I am so happy for you that they are taking to their new beds so well. Sorry you are on bedrest, it really does stink!!
Bed rest does suck. It's funny how it sounds nice in theory to lay around and take it easy, but in practice it gets old really fast. I wish I could come down and hang out with you and bug you with the way I do things. It is tricky now that my kids have schedules of their own. I'm happy to take up an hour of your time on the phone any time you want to call.
I love the new beds. It sounds like the transition is going pretty well even with the complications of sickness. Good work!
what cute boys. glad to hear the transition is going well. sorry about bed rest, it is rough, but i'm glad to hear you're still pregnant and feeling okay.
Heidi,
Bed rest, yuck! I'm sorry, but it's better than the alternative. I'm with Malinda, I wish my boys schedules were a little easier so I could come down and do things wrong. Take it easy and keep that little guy happy.
The beds are very cute. Good choice with black. That's much easier to fix when they decide to be little beavers with their beds. But maybe that's only my kids with the need to chew on wood. The paint job looks great, too. It would go with the fabric I just bought Ben for his new bed ensamble.
What are you doing CARRYING Zack back to his bed?! I don't think that's what "Bed Rest" is!! :)
Big boy beds...how fun! Looks like they aren't having too much of a hard time transitioning. I'm sorry that you feel helpless, but you are an extremely hard working mom, you deserve to rest every now and then. Too bad it's not a vacation to Hawaii.
Post a Comment