I made it! I'm 36 weeks today!! The only thing that could make it better was if I was in the hospital having this baby. I'm so ready to be done!! At my appointment yesterday she said that I'm dilated to a really small 2 (not much, but I'll take anything at this point!). She told me to start drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea and some other things that I'll let you figure out for yourself. Have any of you ever drank that tea? I'm pretty much willing to do anything right now to get things going. She also said that on Friday we would schedule the day. Even though it could still be a month away it will be so nice to have an end in sight! Unfortunately because of the pre-eclampsia I have to stay on bed rest until I deliver, but hopefully that will be sooner rather than later!!
In other health related news; Zack woke up last night around 11 and was kind of rubbing his ear so I started wondering if he had an ear infection. After being up with him until 6 this morning I figured it was a pretty good bet. So off we went to the Pediatrician this morning and sure enough he has his first ear infection. She gave us an antibiotic and some drops that will numb his ear so I'm really hoping for some sleep tonight!
Otherwise we are doing great. I'll post some cute pictures of my kids one of these days, but until then keep your fingers crossed for this baby to come! :)
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Let's get this show on the road!!
Posted by
Heidi
on
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
I am so excited that you made it to 36 weeks. It will be fun for you to deliver a chubby baby.
I didn't drink the red rasberry tea, but I found it in pill form at the health store. I don' know if they really did anything, but in my mind they were working.
PS. I forgot all about Zoe and her tantrums in the nursery. I am SO sorry! She was a treat!
Wahoo! That is a big relief. You already know all of my labor inducing secrets, so I won't share them here.
I'm glad that you took Zack to the doctor. Hopefully he'll be so tired that he will sleep really well tonight. You'll be having plenty of sleepless nights starting in a couple of weeks. :)
I thought about you today, 36 weeks is a huge milestone! Hope your kids feel better.
yay for making it to 36! woo woo!
I am glad you maed it to 36 weeks! that is great! Bummer for the ear infections! Hopefully this will be his only and last one! Ask Michelle Howell about some tea! I know and thought she did some kind of thing when she was pregnant with her 2 older kids because I was asking her some questions when I was pregnant with Jaci! Good luck and let me know if u need anything! take care!
Congrats for making it to 36 weeks. I never drank tea. I LOVE the combination antibiotics and ear drops for toddlers! I hope you get more sleep before you get less sleep with a newborn. Take care we wish you and your family the best. You are in our prayers.
Congratulations on making it to 36 weeks. I hope the next few weeks go by fast for you. Just think it will be all over soon!
I was wondering just recently what week you were in and thought I'd have to look at your blog for the number...and then I found out you made it! Whew!
I can't figure out the "some other things" you're referring to - I'm slow, I guess. You'll have to tell me in private, I guess. :)
I'm so glad you've made it this far. Hopefully the bun will stay in the oven a little bit longer. I had the opposite problem, my babies didn't want to come out!
Hooray! Yes, I drak the tea. I still have a ton if you're interested. Give me a call and I'll bring it over. It did help to thin the lining. It didn't throw me into labor, but it did help to speed things up.
Congrats Heidi! I am hoping the baby comes soon, bed rest does not sound like very much fun. I didn't try the tea...a long walk worked for me, but I guess you can't do that!
Good luck and we'll try to get home this summer so we can see the little guy.
So I have heard there is a garlic Chicken pizza at a Pizzeria in SLC that has a record for how many births it has induced. If you haven't had the baby yet I could find out for you the name of the place, I know it is up by the "U". A neighbor of mine is even one of the names on their "baby wall" She was in labor by the next day after eating her pizza.
36 wks! Yippee!! I drank the tea..then stopped when my doctor told me not to. I didn't really do much anyway. I did give myself an enema...should I admit that???but it worked. There is also a "labor inducing" pizza at Trio's Its some garlic chicken pizza that has a crazy amout of garlic in it. They wrote it up some magazine...and it worked for my friend. But, ultimately...I think they just come when thy are ready :)
Post a Comment