Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fat lip, Cardiology, and Great Neighbors!

Yesterday when Zack was eating lunch (I was being nice and letting them eat at the counter with their cousin Neal) he all of a sudden decided he was done and turned around on the stool; I don't know if he fell or was trying to jump down, but he face planted on our tile floor. I learned lips bleed a lot! He has a nice big cut in his lip and it's all swollen and bruised. As soon as he got a popsicle he was pretty much over it. Austin and Neal were happy because they scored a popsicle out of the injury as well. :) These pictures doesn't do it justice!
This morning Austin had a cardiology appointment and echocardiogram (ultrasound of heart). I was really nervous for it because they usually have to sedate kids for them because they have to lay totally still for about an hour. I really didn't want to have to deal with the hassle and the extra time it would take to sedate him so we brought lots of treats and anything else I could think of that would help. The ECHO tech couldn't believe how good he was, he started getting restless the last 5-10 minutes, but the whole time before that he was a complete angel and luckily we were able to distract him the last few minutes to make it through to the end. I'm happy to say that we got great news! He still has mild stenosis in his pulmonary artery with a little bit of right ventricular hypertrophy (I know most of you have no idea what that means, but I'm putting it in here so I remember it), basically no change from what it has been which is great. Since he's reached an age where their growth curve really slows down we don't have to go back for THREE years!!! That was such great news!!! I can't believe how lucky we have been with our boys birth defects, I am very well aware of how much worse things could be and am so grateful for how blessed we've been!

Tonight the door bell rang and this is what we found.
We feel so loved! We live in the best ward! I can't believe how many offers of dinner and people willing to come help out with my kids or house that we've had. I'm so grateful for how much Heavenly Father watches over my family and for all of these little gestures of love that he sends us through his earthly angels!

7 comments:

Malinda said...

Zack, welcome to the fat lip club. I think Elise is the founder and president. She was certainly blessed with the talent of getting fat lips and her two front teeth show the effects (one is chipped and one is mostly dead). He looks happy in the pictures. Popsicles are magic.

That is great news about Austin’s heart! I’m glad that he was cooperative for you and that you will be echo-free for three years. Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Oh a battle wound! Zoe has one on her lip too. To bad he won't be able to wear lipstick to cover his up!

That is a great ward. I am missing it tooooooo much!

Stay pregnant, you are almost there!

Adrianne said...

Poor Zack! Your door is cute! have a Happy Vanlentines day!

Trever and Heather said...

Was your door red when I lived there? I can't recall- but it sure is cute!

Ryan said...

Josh fell the other day at the grocery store and his lip bled like crazy. I thought it was something more severe than a cut lip for awhile.

Good to hear that Austin's heart is doing well. I'm actually studying all about the heart right now, so it's interesting. Usually it is the left ventricle that hypertrophies. I'd love to hear more! Is it stenosis of the pulmonary artery, or is it the pulmonary semilunar valve? I'm a nerd...

3inpink and 1inblue! said...

Ah sorry. I hope fat lips don't turn into the dreaded stiches next! Alli and Kam both have had bad accidents. I wish I lived closer to you during your bed rest time. Lexi would love to play with your darling boys. One of your boys was her first kiss you know. Funny! Wish you could have witnessed it with me during Kealie's child's party. Take care.

Suzanne said...

We're not the "Great Neighbors," don't blame it on us! :)