Monday, March 23, 2009

Daxton's First Angel Day

It has been a year today since our sweet Daxton left us to go live with Heavenly Father. We miss him terribly and not a day has gone by that he isn't in our thoughts, but we are so grateful for the plan that Heavenly Father has for us and know that we will see him and be with him again! Stacy (my cousin Alex's wife) sent us a very sweet poem last week that I loved so I thought I would put it on here:

Together Again
His eyes were so blue, his smile so sweet.
With cute tiny toes, that curled on his feet.
Tender and loving, beyond his young age.
All his attention to you, he gladly gave.
Here on our Earth for such a short time.
To show us the love we needed to find.
His task here completed, he then went away.
To Heaven, to wait, for his family someday.
The Earth moves so slowly, and time crawls by.
For us it seems we may never die.
To join our sweet baby, in Heaven above.
To give him our hearts, and all of our love.
But Heaven I hear has a time all it's own.
And for him it will seem, as if he's just gotten home.
Only a day or two, it has surely been.
Until his family is all-together again.

Daxton, we think of you everyday and miss you terribly! We look forward to the day we can see you again! We will love you always and forever!!!
We love you Matt and Michelle and you are in our hearts and prayers today and everyday! Please know that you are not alone! We can't wait for the day that you will become a forever family!
Love-
Aaron, Heidi, Austin, Zack, and Gavin

7 comments:

Erika said...

Beautiful post. I like how you called it his "angel day." I am sure he is watching over all of you, like a guardian angel.

Katie said...

Wow, it's been a year already. What a hard day. Michelle's lucky to have a good support system. We'll have her in our prayers.

mrs. jar said...

Truly beautiful! We think about your sweet sister and brother-in-law often. I am sure Daxton is very proud of his mommy and daddy. What a precious little angel you all have watching over you.

Malinda said...

I've thought about you lots today and said a few extra prayers for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I dont know if you remember me or not I used to hang out with Michelle alot in elementary (Shawna Bailey Lee now) and we used to cause some trouble! How is she doing I havent seen her since high school, I heard what happened and was heart broken! tell her I love her and often think of her, and im so sorry for her loss! Shawna

Heidi said...

I love that poem. What a sweet boy he must have been!

The Killer Bunch said...

I'm sure Daxton was couching Gavin on all the great things he has to do as a baby and toddler. Daxton is a beautiful boy and so is your Gavin.

Reading your blogs has given be hope that multiple children is possible.