After my Mother's Day post I thought I would do one about all of the special men in my life.
My grandpa- When I think of my grandpa it makes me happy. I cannot imagine my life without him. When I was little he always called me Heidi Ho and would give me whiskers. I hated it then, but thinking of it now makes me smile. I remember always combing his hair, if we would do it for a certain amount of time he would give us a large amount of money like a nickel or a quarter. I think I'll do the same for my kids (I love my hair being played with). I remember when I would go there if he would be out in his shop I would go and sweep up the sawdust while he worked- I loved doing that! My grandpa is an amazing welder and a very hard worker! Despite all of his health problems he still tries to go out and work in his yard. He makes the best breakfast and helped instill a love of Dr. Pepper in many of his kids and grand kids. :) He is the best grandpa ever, I love him so much!
My Dad- My dad is such a great guy. He has always been such a great example to me; I remember growing up seeing him reading his scriptures every morning while he was eating breakfast. He was the one that got me in to running and when we run races together he is always willing to run slower with me if I want him to. He is a great cook and we always love to tell each other about new recipes or things we have tried. When I cook something good he is always the first person that comes to mind that I want to tell. He is such a hard worker and knows how to do everything it seems. He has built so many things and is so good with his hands. He has come and helped us a number of times and is always willing to drop everything to help out. I have learned so much from him and I'm so grateful he's my dad! I love you dad!
My handsome hubby- I have been in love with Aaron since our sophomore year of high school and I'm so glad he finally came to his senses our junior year. He is so cute with our boys. I love watching them wrestle and I love how excited they get when they hear the garage door. I'm so grateful for all he does for me and our family. He is so handy and can figure out how to fix or do anything. Just this week our washing machine broke so Aaron figured out how to take it apart and we only had to pay for the $50 part instead of some other guys labor. He is very good at sports and picks up on new things very fast. I hope our boys get his coordination and not mine. I couldn't ask for a better husband or daddy for my little boys. I love you Aaron!
Friday, June 26, 2009
Fathers
Posted by
Heidi
on
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Nice post. Good work.
I LIKE your Grandpa -- he "stole my heart" at the Dr. Pepper part of the tribute! ;)
Post a Comment