My cute neighbor started doing this summer kick-off party last year and she invites all of the kids from the neighborhood. This year she rented this huge bounce house and water slide and then had 2 kiddie pools and a slipping slide. She does lunch for everyone and another lady from the ward brought her snow cone machine and made snow cones (I LOVE snow cones!) It was so much fun and even though I only had 2 hours of sleep I'm so glad we went!
The boys decided they wanted to go play in the bounce house and these cute girls were helping them.I'm a mean mom and convinced Austin to go down the slide. This is what he thought of it:
I felt really bad after because he was terrified, but then he decided a couple of hours later that he wanted to try it again and he didn't hate it as bad the second time. Zack refused to go down it. I think we are going to be spending a lot of time in the water this summer.
On a side note, the 2 days we spent in the water they obviously had sunscreen on and after they looked like they had rashes on their faces, but then today they didn't have any sunscreen on and there was no rash. Has anybody else's kids had allergic reactions to sunscreen or could it be from rubbing their faces?
Friday, June 26, 2009
Summer Kick-off Party
Posted by
Heidi
on
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Holy blogging marathon, Batman!
You have high effort neighbors. I want someone like that to move into our neighborhood. I'm tempted to step up and fill that role, but I don't want people to get the wrong impression that I'm cool.
We just have rich neighbors! I could be cool if I had money as well.
is the sunscreen paba free? (I may have spelled paba wrong)
My husband has the same problem...but not sure of the exact cause. Neutrogena Face sunscreen seems to do the trick! Looks like it was a lot of fun.
Which rich neighbors "forgot" to invite us the last 2 years?!! Fer rude! :)
My oldest Brock is allergic to sunscreen, I bought this year the walmart brand SS for kids, and it seems to work better for him them many others have. Also, I am finding that as he gets older he is handling sunscreen a lot better.
What a fun hood you must live in that your neighbor does that,what a great tradition.
Post a Comment