Sunday was probably one of my favorite days of the trip. Blake and Kristin took us to Heceta Beach. It was such a cool beach. The sand was like powdered sugar and there were these little caves in the rocks that were really cool; not to mention the Heceta Lighthouse on the cliffs.I didn't think there was anyway the boys would get in the water because it's Oregon so the water is cold and it was kind of windy and chilly that day. They played in the sand for a few minutes and then Blake and Aaron walked down to the water and so they wanted to go with them. Surprising to me they loved it. The first time the water hit their shorts I thought they would start crying, but they thought it was great. They would stand there waiting for the water to hit them and say "it's coming, it's coming" and if we would try to lift them up at all when the water was higher they would get so mad. By the end they had gotten in the water up to their necks. We played there for 4 hours and we all had a blast!
Zack
Aaron and Gavin
Me and my "Zackter"- I love that you can see us holding hands
Gavin, Aaron, and Austin
A cool bridge that was there
As we were leaving we saw all of these people pulled off to the side of the road looking at the ocean so we decided to see what they were looking at and we saw all of these sea lions on the rocks. You could hear them barking clear from the road over the noise of the ocean and cars.
Then we headed in to Florence and went to Mo's for dinner- how I miss the seafood already! After dinner came the worst part of the day- saying goodbye to Blake, Kristin, and their kids. The boys thought that if they got stuck in the porch we might not have to leave. I kind of hoped for that too! We miss them already, but we are so glad we had the chance to spend a few days with them. Thanks for letting us crash your house and sharing your food with us. We love you guys!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Oregon Day 4
Posted by
Heidi
on
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is so beautiful! I want to go there. I'm glad you guys had so much fun!
I just caught up on all the latest posts. The vacation looks like it was fantastic. I wish we were there. The photos of Gavin are darling. Your deck turned out great, my empowered friend, and you win the canning award!
Post a Comment