Sunday, October 4, 2009

Oregon Day 7

I love waking up to this face!
Today we headed to Yaquina Head Lighthouse. The Yaquina Bay and Yaquina Head Lighthouses are built pretty close to each other. About 70-80 years after they had built the Yaquina Bay lighthouse they realized they built it in the wrong spot so then they built Yaquina Head- it's one of the tallest lighthouses. Aaron and I were going to take turns going to the top (our kids aren't tall enough to go up and you aren't allowed to carry anyone), but then we found out it takes 30-45 minutes to go to the top and we didn't want to wait around that long so we just enjoyed the outside.
We walked down to the rocky shores and the boys had a great time throwing rocks in to the ocean. It was an overcast day and just beautiful.
Zack
Austin
Gavin
Then we said goodbye to the ocean which was so sad! I would move there in a heartbeat! Next we headed up to Portland and went to Voodoo Donuts. I wasn't very impressed, but Aaron found a new love in life with there maple bacon donuts. Portland looked like a really cool city and we would love to go back there, but I don't know if I'd take kids. The short walk we did down the street was kind of nerve wracking with the interesting people we passed.
We stopped by the temple which was just beautiful. It's hidden in the trees and was so cool how it just peaks out of them.
On our way out of Portland we stopped at Multnomah Falls. It was so pretty and so tall. These pictures only show half of it.
That night we stayed in some podunk city in the middle of nowhere. We went swimming at the hotel and got pizza for dinner. Only 9 more hours of driving and we'll be home.
All day today Zack and Austin have been saying "I want to go to the ocean."
Poor Gavin, as of yesterday all we have to do is put him in his car seat and he immediately starts crying. Thankfully he forgives easy.

1 comment:

Malinda said...

We went to lots of those same places on our honeymoon. It is fun to see pictures of them again.

Maple bacon donuts sound oddly delicious.