Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How is he already one?

Yesterday was Gavin's 1st birthday. How did that come so fast? I can't imagine our lives without him, he is the best surprise we've ever had. He got his balloon in the morning and loved it until about 10 minutes later when Zack popped it. Their balloons lasted for over a month, but they pop Gavin's within 10 minutes. It was hard figuring out his meals because like I mentioned he won't eat much. So for breakfast we had Oatmeal Berry Muffins and fruit.

In the afternoon we went to Surf and Swim. It was so much fun and perfect for the boys! Gavin was able to crawl all over and Zack and Austin were able to run all over the place. It was the perfect pool for young kids. We all had so much fun!

Zack, Austin, GavinGavin, Austin, Zack

Then the boys all went down for naps while Aaron and I finished cleaning the house and I finished Gavin's cake and made dinner. Aaron and I were "strongly disagreeing" about something and I opened the cocoa container with too much force apparently.
Cocoa powder in the eye hurts, but it also ends an argument very quickly. :)

My family came over for some food and fun. I made sweet and sour chicken with lots of carrots, green peppers, and pineapple in it for Gav and a side of broccoli. Then Gavin got spoiled with some fun presents.
Beautiful quilt my mom made Gav
Gavin was not interested in opening his presents, but all of the other boys had a great time doing it.
And there has to of course be some wrestling.
I was going to do a cake of Jack Jack from the Incredibles because so many people tell us Gavin looks like him, but it was stressing me out too much so he got a monkey cake instead. I figured I would carry on the theme of animal cakes for their first birthday.


I loved how he picked all of the M&M's off first.
He was so funny he kept going down like he was going to stick his face in it, but then he would just pause like he was trying to do all of these photo ops.
I loved the first cake experience! Zack and Austin have always been sick on their birthday and wouldn't even hardly touch their first cake so I've always felt like I missed out on those pictures. He loved the cake!
We had such a fun day and love that little boy to pieces! Thanks to everyone that called, texted, and came over for helping us celebrate our little boy!

10 comments:

Emily Harkness said...

Are you sure he is already one?!! I can't believe it! I love his haircut and the cake was darling. You are looking good, too, especially adorned in cocoa!

Marrelli's said...

Heidi- I can't believe that he is already one!! Such a cutie :) Hey when you go back to the Surf and Swim- Give us a call- We would love to go sometime!!

Erika said...

Wow! His first year did go by fast! I love the monkey cake. Very cute! I agree, you are looking really good!

Marie Rose said...

Heidi he is so cute. I can't believe he's one. wow. Well, I love your cute family.

Malinda said...

What a great day. LOVE the pictures! The video had Elise and Abby laughing out loud this morning. Good work on the monkey cake. It turned out really cute.

You are looking skinny in that cocoa picture! Maybe I should buy myself a fancy 1/10 pound scale to keep me motivated. :)

Steve said...

I thought we agreed that the cake was Uncle Dave. Gavin is a cute boy. Halelujah his hair has been cut.

Katie said...

What a cute family! Gavin's so cute, and he seems so easy going! I can totally see the cocoa incident taking place in my head....kind of wish we would've been there.
You'll do awesome in the half-marathon. I don't know how far you're able to run after having been out from injury...but to prepare I would move up in two mile increments each week (run 4 miles the first week, then 6, then 8) and that should get you up to 10-12 miles a couple weeks before the race. I love GU gel packs. I never thought to use them before, but they, along with gatorade, really help if you running for longer than an hour.

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday, Gavin! I love the pictures of his messy face, he looks so happy. And that cake...way to go, it's awesome. Are those donut ears?
And his new haircut is so cute all spiked up, he is just a darling kid.

Suzanne said...

You look very skinny in your cocoa-splattered shirt!

P.S. What were you "strongly disagreeing" about?! ;)

Cute hair...I'm gonna have to watch Incredibles again to remind myself of what Jack Jack looks like and compare him to Gavin!

Starley Family said...

That was fun to run into you guys at Surf-N-Swim! Happy Birthday Gav!