Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day at the Park

I've been meaning to do this post for weeks. Better late than never right?
At the beginning of March when we had a random warm day I decided we'd go enjoy a day at the park. Zack and Austin wanted to walk there so I let them and decided that we'd just go at their pace. It was fun to just watch them explore and see what were they fascinated with?
Big sticks,
hitting trees with sticks,
and throwing rocks, what else?
I was so proud of them; right when we got there they immediately ran over to the slides and went down them by themselves with no promptings and forcing from me. In the past it takes them up to an hour to feel comfortable enough to really run around and do anything by themselves so it was so nice that they just ran around and played and we had the park to ourselves which was awesome!

Zack
Austin
Gavin had a great time sitting there being cute and playing with the sand.
Austin has always been really nervous on playground equipment being able to see through the holes and would usually end up crawling along or not daring to move unless I was holding his hand, but not this year; he was running all over. I'm so grateful for the breakthroughs!
They even dared to climb up this way; Gavin even made it to the 2nd rung before I noticed. :)
Gavin was so funny, he had no fear and crawled after his brothers where ever they went. He even went down the slide by himself, but I obviously couldn't get a picture and catch him.
It was a perfect day! I love being a mom to these 3 boys!

2 comments:

Malinda said...

Cute pictures! I agree that going to the park gets loads more fun when kids are independent!

Todd and Angie Powell said...

Heidi!!! I saw your blog on the class reunion page (I promise I'm not a stalker :), but I just had to say Hi. How are you doing? Your family is so beautiful. You'll have to e-mail me, and let me know what your up to. Have a great day and it was fun to see your cute blog.

Angie Casperson Powell
(thewolverineden@yahoo.com)