I don't know if Heavenly Father is trying to teach me something by having sick kids for every holiday, but I wish I knew what it was because it's getting old. In the last 4 Easter's last year was the only one that we were able to enjoy the holiday with my family. Aaron and all 3 kids were sick this year so it made for a nice mellow day. We spent the morning enjoying conference and eating cinnamon rolls.Then after naps since we were missing the Easter egg hunt at my grandma's we decided to do one in our back yard. The boys had a lot of fun and in a way it was nice to have one with just the 3 of them. They aren't very aggresive so this way they didn't have to really fight over the candy. They were funny, after they found a couple they just stopped and watched Gavin and we had to really prod them to keep going and finding more.
Yes, I realize he's still in his pajamas, but that's just what kind of day it was.
After dinner we finally got around to coloring our Easter eggs. The boys thought it was great! And it was fun for them because they were able to dip them mostly by themselves.
We hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Even though we had to stay home we had a nice day as a family and we are so grateful for the gift that Christ has given us.

8 comments:
Sickness is the worst. Small backyard egg hunts are the best. I hope everyone gets feeling better!
Sorry to hear you all were sick, that stinks! The egg hunt looked like fun
Wow, I am impressed with a house full of sick kids you still made a wonderful dinner, homemade ice cream, and did all the Easter activities. What a good mom you are! Hope everyone gets better soon.
thank you for your informative comment, I had no idea. and I am not offended at all
Missed you all at the hunt, but looks like yours went well. Hope everyone is on the mend!
Sorry about the sick kiddos. That's no fun on such a kid-oriented holiday! It looks like you were still able to fit in some fun things!
I am sorry that you guys are always sick on events! I am glad you guys are feeling better! take care!
We watched you do your Egg Hunt out our window! Aren't you glad you live next door to stalkers? :) Actually, it was more like, "Oh, it looks like the Nelson's are doing an egg hunt with their kids." Everyone looked, then went back to their usual whatever. (So, Don't Worry!)
Post a Comment