Gavin had his 1 year check-up on the 23rd. The pediatrician said he looked great and she didn't have any concerns. She did tell me that 2nd (or 3rd children in his case) tend to start tantruming earlier and generally have bigger and better ones than a 1st child and in the last week Gavin has been trying to prove her right. Here are his stats:
Length: 29 1/4 in.- 35%
Weight: 20 lbs. 3 1/2 oz.- 15%
Head circ: 47 cm.- 75%
He has really dropped in the weight department, but I can't say I was surprised since I said before that he apparently thinks he's a vegan. Here are some of the things I want to remember about my favorite red-headed little boy.
- he absolutely loves any and all fruits and vegetables (which is probably good for us because we eat a lot of fruits and vegetables now a days.)
- he loves to tackle and if you are laying on the floor you can bet he will come and get you.
- he took his first step the day after his birthday, but isn't exclusively walking yet. He will only takes steps when he wants to do it and has never been much of a fan of holding on to your hands and walking
- he can be very determined and obstinate when he wants something or wants to do something.
- he has already become a mommy's boy, but he still loves his dad and will go to him too
- he melts my heart and I love him more than I can even say!
- he has 8 teeth and is getting 4 molars which has made him a bit grumpy
- he has been saying momma, dadda, and hi for about 5-6 months, but otherwise doesn't seem terribly interested in talking (momma was his first word)
- he loves to play peek-a-boo especially when you lay him down for nap and bedtime
- I have felt a very strong bond with him since early on in my pregnancy
- he loves to play with his mouth or anyone's that's near him and make noises with it
- his smile and laugh are the best things ever!
- he gives the best open mouthed kisses
- I can't imagine a day without him!

2 comments:
I'd never guess 15%tile for weight looking at those cheeks. :)
We love that boy!
I just love red haired kids! All your boys are so cute. You inspire me girl! Being a mom is hard work, but sooo worth it:)
Post a Comment