Last month Nate and Malinda invited us to go boating with them. It was raining and overcast all morning so we were worried it wasn't going to happen. We ended up taking Zack and Austin to Toy Story 3 and by the time we came out the weather was great. We were pretty excited our plans weren't foiled!
We haven't been boating since I was pregnant with Zack and Austin and I didn't realize how much I missed it! Boating is one of the best things in the world to me! There is nothing like riding with the wind in your hair and the spray of water on your face, I love it! My kids were not enjoying it at all at first until I realized, duh, it's because they can't catch their breath because of the wind.Thanks Mom that's better!
We sure like these guys! And not just because they brought us boating. :)
After not going for a few years it took me a few times to get up and I didn't even want to try with one ski, but all was great in the world once I was out there!
Knee boarding, one of my favorite things ever! Probably because it doesn't take much skill. :)
Emily was fearless!
We were going to make Aaron go last because the last time we went with them he ruined our day. He was the first one out and was wake boarding. After doing a 360 in the air, when he came down his board caught weird in the water and flipped him forward really hard. He laid stunned in the water for a bit and then got in the boat where he proceeded to stop breathing twice. We called 911 and an ambulance met us at the dock and took him to the E.R. He stopped breathing again in the E.R. so they did a CT and said he just had a really bad concussion and sent us home.
We figured since they didn't have a wake board we'd let him go this time. :)Ben did not want to ski, but after a little bribing ($3) he decided to get out and try it and he decided it wasn't so bad after all.
Gavin's favorite place on the boat.
Malinda and Nate showing their stuff.
Abby is one of the sweetest little girls ever! I could cuddle with her all day!
Aren't her freckles so sweet! All of those beautiful girls have them.
Nate attempting to give Aaron another head injury.
It was a little chilly as the sun was going down.
I didn't think there was anyway our boys would want to or like going tubing, but I was wrong. They all loved it! (Thanks Malinda, I stole this picture off your blog) :)Then when Zack and Austin said they wanted to go with Ben and Emily I was a bit hesitant because they seemed a bit young to go by themselves. I was proud of them and me for letting them and they thought it was the best thing ever. I only had a heart attack once when Zack let go to clap.
A perfect ending to our perfect evening!
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Boating
Posted by
Heidi
on
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Feel free to delete that picture of my thighs! :) We're glad you guys had fun. Next time we'll go in July so we can have nice warm water to play in.
I LOVE boating, too! That's why we bought a Suburban - to pull a boat. But, it died on us before we bought a boat - and now we have a mini van - Slight PROBLEM! :)
When I was reading your post, I thought you said Aaron's BEARD hit the water wrong...anyway, that is scary that he stopped breathing! Glad he's okay.
Looks like you guys had a blast, I'm jealous!
Post a Comment