Friday, January 28, 2011

Thank goodness for the my husband!

My day started off today with me deciding that I needed to spend some good time with my kids outside so I figured after we got back from visiting teaching I would let them ride their new bikes outside.

Well we came home from visiting teaching and were attempting to ride bikes. Austin and Zack are having a hard time figuring out that coordination of pedaling and I did not bring my patience with us outside so it turned in to a lot of whining from them and too much frustration from me. Then Zack decided to not go inside when he needed to go to the bathroom (which has been happening a lot lately! Any ideas for help?) which made me even more upset so we went inside. Austin decided to soon follow the example of his brother! Aaaaaah!!!

So I told them they weren't allowed to play with their legos today because that's been one of their favorite toys lately. But, of course while I was laying Gavin down for his nap they decided to get them out. So I told them they couldn't watch their movie until they put them away. 1 1/2 hours later and the legos still weren't put away so I told them they lost their movie for the day. I'm pretty sure all I do all day is talk to myself!

Since they weren't watching a movie they were being loud and playing rough upstairs so I sent them downstairs to play. Well I went to check on them a little later and this is what I found:
What is that you ask? My brand new bag that just needed sewn around the top and it was all ready for use. Of course I love the fabric and haven't seen it again since I bought it. If I had left the scissors out then at least it would have been my fault, but I didn't!

Of course right at that time is when Gavin decided to wake up from his 20 min nap crying inconsolably. So my poor husband got a nice phone call from his wife who was in tears. He hurried home and took care of dinner, Austin's second accident of the day, and putting the kids in bed. Then he went and cleaned up the mess downstairs so I wouldn't have to. What would I ever do without him!

2 comments:

Malinda said...

Oh my goodness! That's a rough mom day. Looking at that bag made me want to cry. I would have lost it. I'm glad Aaron was able to come home and take over.

Adrianne said...

what nice hubby you have!! I am so sorry that all happened after Visiting Teaching. I feel horrible! I hope things are getting better!