Hannah had her 2 month check-up a day before she was 9 weeks old. She finally started smiling when she was around 8- 8 1/2 weeks old. I was starting to get really worried that she was Autistic or that something was wrong. In conclusion to this line of thought I have realized that I'm a spaz!
She is a good baby and is very loved! When she was around 5-6 weeks and was waking up around 3 times a night I was going crazy feeling like a zombie. I was talking to some other moms and they gave me the great advice to make sure she was eating every 3 hours during the day even if she was napping. It felt extremely wrong to wake her up, but after I started doing that she started sleeping longer and longer through the night. By her check-up she was sleeping 7-8 hours a night which her pediatrician was very impressed with. She said that is very good for a breast fed baby.
Her brothers still can't get enough of her and I'm pretty sure I tell them at least 30 times a day to give her some space. Although it is helpful when I'm trying to make dinner to have them hold her because it keeps her happy for a bit. That girl loves to be held!
She has very dry skin! We slather her with lotion 2-3 times a day and I swear it makes no difference.
Other notes about her check-up- We were very relieved that her pediatrician could no longer hear the heart murmur. However, she was still concerned about the length of her limbs and as she was feeling her head she noticed that her head came to a bit of a point in the back. It was hard to see because of all of her hair, you really had to push her hair down to notice. Because of that and her worry about her limb length she decided to have us just go get x-rays of her head. A couple of hours after the x-rays the pediatrician called us to let us know that the x-ray showed that she had craniosynostosis. You could say that we were slightly upset! I cried the rest of the day. I could hardly even let myself think of her head being cut open because it made me so ill so instead I focused on the fact that they were going to shave off her beautiful, long, red hair and I shed a lot of tears over that. The next day our pediatrician had us go get a CT scan of her head because the craniofacial surgeon wanted one done before we met with him. The next morning I got a call from our pediatrician to let us know that the scan showed that everything was fine. She said that the suture that goes along the back of her head wasn't closed and it normally is so as her head was growing it bulged out a little bit there. Even though it isn't normal for it to be open it isn't necessarily abnormal so it wasn't anything we needed to worry about. So after a lot of tears, prayers, and worries everything was okay again and nobody will be shaving that beautiful red hair!
Her stats:
Length- 21 1/4 in. 15%
Weight- 10 lbs. 15.5 oz. 50%
Head circ.- 37.5 cm. 20%
We all love this little girl so much! I can't believe how lucky I am to have her!

2 comments:
She is a cutie! I'm glad things worked out okay with her head and she didn't have to have surgery (or get her hair shaved off). :)
she is super cute!!! I am glad everything went well and you and your family are doing well!! Best wishes!!
Post a Comment