This year for Father's Day we decided to start celebrating Aaron a day early. Since we weren't going to be home for dinner on Sunday I decided to make him a special dinner on Saturday. I grilled him steak and made some garlic mashed potatoes. Steak is the one food I struggle with, but of course one of Aaron's favorites. I was nervous I was going to mess them up, but I think for the first time in our marriage I made an amazing steak (the key was buying quality meat from Costco!). I was also nervous about the mashed potatoes because if you know me then you will know that even though I can cook good food I always have to have a recipe to do it. I threw caution to the wind though and just threw together some things and the potatoes were delicious! I was so proud of myself!
For breakfast Aaron surprised me and requested something different than caramel rolls or cinnamon rolls. He wanted a breakfast sandwich- sausage, egg, and cheese on my homemade english muffins. I also figured since he gets me flowers for different occasions that I should return the favor.
Then he got to open his presents. He got a driver, a new Utes shirt, some sandals, and a golfing shirt.
Aaron and Gav having some quality time together while waiting for breakfast.
After church we went to his parent's. Then we went to my parent's where me, my mom, and Mandy made all of the men chicken and beef tacos for dinner with some pies for dessert. Then we went outside and played with the rocket launcher.
All of the kids had fun doing the rocket launcher, but Austin absolutely loved and sat over there playing with it forever.
Zack
I think these pictures of Steve and Gavin together are so cute.
Then they wanted to try and catch the bottles.
Abby thought she wanted to try it too.
And then she got wet and decided she didn't like it after all. :)
Is this pokey?
So sweet!
Practicing being monkeys.
After playing we stopped at my Grandpa's on our way home. We are so thankful for all of the good men in our lives. I'm so glad that my boys have such good examples to learn from!

No comments:
Post a Comment